Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else really dislike the wii?

Go down 
+7
Ihsahn
NoelX2
yonny616
The Enkindler
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Che Guevara
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Che Guevara
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Che Guevara

Stature : 0

Anyone else really dislike the wii? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Im not the sort of person who bashes game systems I dont own. In fact I once owned a wii a few years back. I just really didn't like it. Ended up giving it to a friend. I've played it at his place since then and I have to say the games it has are just mediocre compared to anything you get on xbox or ps3.
Its not just the horrible graphical quality but the games themselves are just lacking in most areas. Thats just my view though.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Anyone else really dislike the wii? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:47 pm

I like the library but not the console or its motion controls.
Back to top Go down
Che Guevara
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Che Guevara

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 pm

oh yeah dont even get me started on motion controls.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Anyone else really dislike the wii? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:01 pm

The motion controls wouldn't bother me so much if they weren't so damn necessary. For example, Skyward Sword looks awesome, but I don't wanna be playing it with motion controls, holding up the Nunchuck as a shield and Wiimote as a sword. I wanna sit down on the couch and use a Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller to play it, but I can't.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 pm

TRF wrote:
The motion controls wouldn't bother me so much if they weren't so damn necessary. For example, Skyward Sword looks awesome, but I don't wanna be playing it with motion controls, holding up the Nunchuck as a shield and Wiimote as a sword. I wanna sit down on the couch and use a Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller to play it, but I can't.

Same here. This is why I will be selling my Wii soon. I just don't like motion controls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Che Guevara
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Che Guevara

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:35 pm

TRF wrote:

I agree with this. I don't know what nintendo were thinking. I mean the motion controls cool for the first few hours. But it's just a novelty. Once it loses that novelty it feels like an obstruction or burden.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Che Guevara wrote:
TRF wrote:

I agree with this. I don't know what nintendo were thinking. I mean the motion controls cool for the first few hours. But it's just a novelty. Once it loses that novelty it feels like an obstruction or burden.

Exactly. Hence, why the wii just isn't selling much these days. People don't want to deal with motion controls to play hardcore games.
Back to top Go down
Che Guevara
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Che Guevara

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Well and also the new wii is going to come out and the 3Ds is already out. That is no doubt contributing to the way wii is selling badly.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Che Guevara wrote:
Well and also the new wii is going to come out and the 3Ds is already out. That is no doubt contributing to the way wii is selling badly.

I'm getting the Wii U when it comes out. HD Zelda Anyone else really dislike the wii? 409191096
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:23 am

One of our moderators, Alanski, Hates it with a passion, so please don't bring it up to him. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Anyone else really dislike the wii? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 am

All of these are the reason I didn't even bother buying one.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Some games are fucking epic such as Sin and Punishment 2 and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. But its the fact that most games are about flipping the wii motion controller around and stuff. There is a classic controller but it should've bundled with the Wii.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 pm

I can understand. There's a lot of bloatware on that console, but there's some really quality games as well.

I despise the controller, though.
Back to top Go down
darthllama
Villager
Villager
darthllama

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:22 pm

I dunno. My parents got one for Christmas for all of us kids, I never play it for the above mentioned reasons, and I think Nintendo has had better consoles in the past. I mean some of the simple games I suppose are alright like Mario Kart and all that fun stuff, but it's just not good for much else.
Back to top Go down
Jones
Villager
Villager
Jones

Stature : 5
USA
Playing : If I say so.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 am

I was not impressed with the Wii.

I expected more from a Nintendo product.

I've played it maybe 5 or 6 times and haven't enjoyed it even once.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Anyone else really dislike the wii? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:22 am

I prob enjoy playing the Wii than most people are here. I don't mind flipping the wii motion controller around as long the gameplay is solid.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Anyone else really dislike the wii? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:49 am

Padders wrote:
I prob enjoy playing the Wii than most people are here. I don't mind flipping the wii motion controller around as long the gameplay is solid.

Same Here. I don't really mind the motion controlls that much, just so long as they work well and and the gameplay is fun.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:51 am

The wii just doesn't deliver to traditional gamers. I would've enjoyed it more if every game could've been played with the classic controller minus the wii party games. The wii does have a hell lot of underrated gems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else really dislike the wii?   Anyone else really dislike the wii? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else really dislike the wii?
Page 1 of 1