Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! Michael-B.-Jordan-as-Adonis-Creed

Quote :
[Jarret] Alexander alleges that the concept of “legacy” is crucial to his script and was used prominently in marketing materials for Coogler’s “Creed,” and that the defendants must have seen his copyrighted materials and ideas because he submitted links to his website to them via Twitter.

“We will vigorously defend this meritless lawsuit and hold Mr. Alexander accountable for filing it,” the studios’  statement concluded.

So some dude submitted a link to his website on Twitter, which made Stallone and Coogler use his material from said website? 

Yeah, I don't buy that. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 2:32 pm

WHAT!? But the concept of Creed has been done many times before. It's really nothing new. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 121042101
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:22 am

Mecha wrote:
WHAT!? But the concept of Creed has been done many times before. It's really nothing new. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 121042101

His tweet proves otherwise. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:43 am

Worst part about this is that this is part of a 40 year old franchise. How the fuck can you sue the creator over your little fan fiction? If anything, Sylvester Stallone should sue. It's HIS franchise after all. That would be like me suing Disney and J.J. Abrams for taking my idea of Star Wars: Episode VII focusing on the next generation of Skywalkers. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 121042101
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:52 am

Mecha wrote:
Worst part about this is that this is part of a 40 year old franchise. How the fuck can you sue the creator over your little fan fiction? If anything, Sylvester Stallone should sue. It's HIS franchise after all. That would be like me suing Disney and J.J. Abrams for taking my idea of Star Wars: Episode VII focusing on the next generation of Skywalkers. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 121042101

The funny thing is that the lineage legacy part of Creed and Star Wars is the same.

The dude may as well try to sue anyone who's ever used such a concept. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

The funny thing is that the lineage legacy part of Creed and Star Wars is the same.

The dude may as well try to sue anyone who's ever used such a concept. Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! 3202469658

This is just as stupid as the Fine Bros trying to trademark the word "react".
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:57 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What? Who?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:15 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What? Who?

Those guys that do those "Kids React" videos. They were going to trademark the word "react" and other generic words, and scam people by forcing anyone to do reaction videos under them and take most of the profit off the video you make. After they have been exposed they lost hundreds, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of subscribers. Forcing them to drop all of their plans.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!   Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryan Coogler sued for allegedly stealing "Creed" concept!
Page 1 of 1