Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works Empty
PostSubject: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 6:15 pm

I just made a thread the same moment you did. Bastard.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 7:54 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I just made a thread the same moment you did. Bastard.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 8:58 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/27/keep-track-of-39-tv-revivals-and-reboots

Quote :
Whatever you want to call it, a ton of old movies and TV series -- some not even all that old -- are returning as new TV shows and being exploited for any ounce of name value they might still retain with fans.

This is the only time I find myself agreeing with IGN...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:06 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/27/keep-track-of-39-tv-revivals-and-reboots

Quote :
Whatever you want to call it, a ton of old movies and TV series -- some not even all that old -- are returning as new TV shows and being exploited for any ounce of name value they might still retain with fans.

This is the only time I find myself agreeing with IGN...

I still can't believe that Full House happened 20 years ago, and the cast still looks the same. O.o
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:14 am

Apparently, they're already re-making John Hughes' Uncle Buck into a TV show centered on an African-American family. 

Sounds innovative. The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 9:29 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Apparently, they're already re-making John Hughes' Uncle Buck into a TV show centered on an African-American family. 

Sounds innovative. The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works 2505020059

Yeah, I've seen the trailer awhile back. Looks stupid as fuck. Not because of race change, but because it looks like they took out John Hughes' style and it became this huge mediocre mess.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:09 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Yeah, I've seen the trailer awhile back. Looks stupid as fuck. Not because of race change, but because it looks like they took out John Hughes' style and it became this huge mediocre mess.

Honestly, trying to remake a John Hughes film is like trying to remake an Alexander Payne or Paul Thomas Anderson one. John Hughes is the only one who could what he did so well IMO.

May as well start to remake Nebraska or Inherent Vice while they're at it.  eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 10:24 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Honestly, trying to remake a John Hughes film is like trying to remake an Alexander Payne or Paul Thomas Anderson one. John Hughes is the only one who could what he did so well IMO.

May as well start to remake Nebraska or Inherent Vice while they're at it.  eye roll

Yeah, even Kevin Feige said only John Hughes can make a John Hughes film, and that the new Spider-Man re-reboot will be inspired by his films. Uncle Buck, the TV series, does not look like it was inspired by John Hughes at all.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Yeah, even Kevin Feige said only John Hughes can make a John Hughes film, and that the new Spider-Man re-reboot will be inspired by his films. Uncle Buck, the TV series, does not look like it was inspired by John Hughes at all.

I'm more down for a John Hughes-inspired Spidey movie than a remake of an actual John Hughes movie. 

As far as I'm concerned, if they did a TV-show that was inspired by Uncle Buck, fine, but don't try to do what Hughes did, as I'm certain it will fail.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 2:57 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I'm more down for a John Hughes-inspired Spidey movie than a remake of an actual John Hughes movie. 

As far as I'm concerned, if they did a TV-show that was inspired by Uncle Buck, fine, but don't try to do what Hughes did, as I'm certain it will fail.

You would think they would learn their lesson the first time.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 4:01 pm

@Mecha

Dat song. The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 4:08 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

Yeah, lol! The show even disses Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller as well.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

B-B-B-B-B-BUUU-BUELLER! PHARIS! BUELLER!

I can just imagine the Uncle Buck one already:

U-U-U-U-UCCC-UNCLE! BUG! UNCLE ! 

I didn't know you could fuck up a song so much, but, you know, why not? The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 4:29 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

B-B-B-B-B-BUUU-BUELLER! PHARIS! BUELLER!

I can just imagine the Uncle Buck one already:

U-U-U-U-UCCC-UNCLE! BUG! UNCLE ! 

I didn't know you could fuck up a song so much, but, you know, why not? The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works 725796345

As long as they don't remake Planes, Trains and Automobiles then I'll be okay. Oh, wait a minute...
The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works Due-da10

DSP2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 pm

@Mecha

I bet the song doesn't suck, though. I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 6:25 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

I bet the song doesn't suck, though. I love you

lolwut!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works   The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Departed TV series adaptation reportedly in the works
Page 1 of 1