Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 2:43 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/19/microsoft-was-afraid-xbla-would-completely-destroy-console-industry?watch

Quote :
XBLA creator Greg Canessa recently stopped by the IGN office to discuss the online platform, revealing that many at Microsoft "didn't understand" that Xbox Live Arcade offered different types of gaming experiences, and as such, wasn't a threat to the console industry.

"There was a legitimate fear that Xbox Live Arcade was going to cannibalize retail sales and completely destroy the console industry," Canessa said on the latest episode of IGN Unfiltered. "That was actually a quote I got from one of the internal folks."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Just goes to show how arrogant Microsoft can be.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" Z4pMElY

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:14 pm

I wonder whether they thought the same thing with Kinect. Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Kinect is pretty much dead now, lol!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Mecha wrote:

Do you remember the "Project Natal" guy on Xbox Republic? That dude must be pissing his pants by now, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:01 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Do you remember the "Project Natal" guy on Xbox Republic? That dude must be pissing his pants by now, LOL.

That's why GeneralMLD never came back. He would be destroyed if he did. Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" 725796345
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Steam Greenlight is pretty much what Xbox Live Arcade use to be. Just filled with trash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"   Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft thought "XBLA" would be so successful "it'd kill the console industry"
Page 1 of 1