Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg Empty
PostSubject: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Quote :
Jeff Nichols's sci-fi chase movie mixes super-powers, religion and an offbeat cast to dazzling, Spielbergian effect

and

THR wrote:

Another chiseled drama from one of the most compelling storytellers in current American cinema

There are quiet evocations here not only of Starman, but also of sci-fi as diverse as The Man Who Fell to EarthE.T. and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/midnight_special_2015/ 

88%

8 critics/2 top critics

Average rating: 6.5
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg Shyama10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg Shyama10

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, lol.

Though, the likelyhood of Jeff Nichols becoming the mediocre filmmaker that M. Night has become is extremely unlikely. So much so that I will bite a bullet and stick it up my butt if It happens.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Wait, Midnight Special was shot n New Orleans? Well I'll have to see it soon then. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Mecha wrote:
Wait, Midnight Special was shot n New Orleans? Well I'll have to see it soon then. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059

N not only that N the film is going to be great N it has a great writer N is also great director N happens to be good good good teller N u DUMB.

#SPELLINLIKEABLACKFRENCH
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:51 pm

I hope the film is really special. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
I hope the film is really special. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059

Try watching it at Midnight. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 5:02 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Try watching it at Midnight. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059

Afternoon Special sounds better. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Afternoon Special sounds better. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059

Midnight Special sounds more kinky. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 12:51 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Midnight Special sounds more kinky. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059

That something Deadpool would say. Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg   Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critics divided on Midnight Special, compare Jeff Nichols to Spielberg
Page 1 of 1