Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! Empty
PostSubject: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 am

Rotten Tomatoes
Tomatometer: 83%
Average Rating: 7.2/10
Critics Consensus: Fast, funny, and gleefully profane, the fourth-wall-busting Deadpool subverts capeshit film formula with wildly entertaining -- and decidedly non-family-friendly -- results.

Metacritic
Metascore: 64

AAAAWWWW Shit! It's a good one! I can see the RT score settling at like 80%.

Last edited by yonny616 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates critic scores.)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:22 am

I'll wait for actual critics rather than Stuckmann's or some random person's hollow analysis.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:24 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I'll wait for actual critics rather than Stuckmann's or some random person's hollow analysis.
But the examiner.... Lol
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:26 am

yonny616 wrote:

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
But the examiner.... Lol

Slant magazine is the most legit source of reviews if the name lives up to its writing, lol.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:30 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
But the examiner.... Lol

Slant magazine is the most legit source of reviews if the name lives up to its writing, lol.

Of course. Or how about "We Got This Covered"? lol Here's Variety's and THR's reviews though:

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/deadpool-review-ryan-reynolds-1201695367/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/deadpool-film-review-862293
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:41 am

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
But the examiner.... Lol

Of course. Or how about "We Got This Covered"? lol Here's Variety's and THR's reviews though:

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/deadpool-review-ryan-reynolds-1201695367/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/deadpool-film-review-862293

Yeah, I figured the movie would suffer from that.

Good to know Ryan Reynolds does a great job, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:16 am

And this all happen because one joke.

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 5613ec10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 6:28 am

Mecha wrote:

That issue is early 2000s
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 6:47 am

Lily wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That issue is early 2000s

I had a feeling it was. Since Ryan Reynolds didn't became well-known at all until the early 2000s.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 11:28 am

RT's average rating went down and Metascore is at a 66. Yup. This will finish in the 80's at best and late 70's at worst. Good job, Fox.

and for Rambo, since he only listens to the top critics: http://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-review-ryan-reynolds-morena-baccarin-gina-carano-x-men/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:10 pm

yonny616 wrote:
and for Rambo, since he only listens to the top critics: http://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-review-ryan-reynolds-morena-baccarin-gina-carano-x-men/

That's such a simple and hollow review, to be honest. There's nothing worth of merit or specificity that it points out beyond its plot summary and an overall opinion in one paragraph, by the end.

Most of the critics I listen to are people like Todd McCarthy, A.O. Scott and even the silly and over-the-top ones like Pete Travers for purely guilty-pleasure reasons. I like other ones, but those critics are my personal favorites.

Yonny, out of curiosity, who's your own favorite critics? YouTuber reviewers, top critics, whoever, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:35 pm

Can't wait for Cable in the sequel. Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 9:04 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

That's such a simple and hollow review, to be honest. There's nothing worth of merit or specificity that it points out beyond its plot summary and an overall opinion in one paragraph, by the end.

Most of the critics I listen to are people like Todd McCarthy, A.O. Scott and even the silly and over-the-top ones like Pete Travers for purely guilty-pleasure reasons. I like other ones, but those critics are my personal favorites.

Yonny, out of curiosity, who's your own favorite critics? YouTuber reviewers, top critics, whoever, etc.?
I don't really care for critics. I've began unsubbing from the YouTube reviewers, but I think I'm sticking with Schmoes so that's the one. lol
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Heard Deadpool makes references to the MCU in the film.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:13 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

I don't really care for critics. I've began unsubbing from the YouTube reviewers, but I think I'm sticking with Schmoes so that's the one. lol

I like the schmoes. I find them quite entertaining and likeable. Don't necessarily agree with them, but they're relateable, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:57 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

I like the schmoes. I find them quite entertaining and likeable. Don't necessarily agree with them, but they're relateable, nonetheless.

Yeah, also I forgot to mention him, but YMS (Your Movies Suck) is probably my favorite YouTube reviewer. And speaking of the Schmoes:

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:28 pm

I wonder how many parents are going to take their children to go see this movie? The general audience can be so clueless that they probably assume that just because this is a Marvel movie, that automatically means it's suitable for kids. Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 3202469658 Just like when I went to go see Watchmen in theaters. It was so fucking awkward to be there, since there was so many kids there while all of the sex scenes were happening. Hell, even some black guy behind me yelled out, WTF!?, during the sex scenes.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Mecha wrote:
I wonder how many parents are going to take their children to go see this movie? The general audience can be so clueless that they probably assume that just because this is a Marvel movie, that automatically means it's suitable for kids. Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 3202469658 Just like when I went to go see Watchmen in theaters. It was so fucking awkward to be there, since there was so many kids there while all of the sex scenes were happening. Hell, even some black guy behind me yelled out, WTF!?, during the sex scenes.

Considering the vast majority of capeshit moviegoers are in the age group of 17-28, I doubt that'll be too much of a problem.

I'm sure there will be some outcry online, but most capeshit fans won't care, as they're already old enough to see whatever they want, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:26 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Considering the vast majority of capeshit moviegoers are in the age group of 17-28, I doubt that'll be too much of a problem.

I'm sure there will be some outcry online, but most capeshit fans won't care, as they're already old enough to see whatever they want, anyway.

I know. My point is that the general audience can be totally ignorant sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:26 am

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! OltFjiW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:34 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I know. My point is that the general audience can be totally ignorant sometimes.

Well, as far I am concerned, if the fans who support it can keep on supporting it, then who-the-hell cares about some hater's viewpoint? They wouldn't even watch it if they could. The ones that would, but for whom aren't old enough, well, that'd be a parental debate on a case-by-case basis and not the filmmaker's vision limiting some minor demographic that accounts for very little in the economic sense.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Well, as far I am concerned, if the fans who support it can keep on supporting it, then who-the-hell cares about some hater's viewpoint? They wouldn't even watch it if they could. The ones that would, but for whom aren't old enough, well, that'd be a parental debate on a case-by-case basis and not the filmmaker's vision limiting some minor demographic that accounts for very little in the economic sense.

I just find it funny how stupid parents can be sometimes. Just because it's a capeshit movie, doesn't mean it's for kids. Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 3202469658

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 5:36 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I just find it funny how stupid parents can be sometimes. Just because it's a capeshit movie, doesn't mean it's for kids. Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 3202469658

I haven't noticed any parents in any specific way claiming that all capeshit movies are for kids. Especially not with Deadpool, either.

Are you trying to say something, Mecha? Did your mom call you a child? I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 5:41 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I haven't noticed any parents in any specific way claiming that all capeshit movies are for kids. Especially not with Deadpool, either.

Are you trying to say something, Mecha? Did your mom call you a child? I love you

Okay, then. We'll see how many kids parents will bring this Friday. Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!   Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews For DEADPOOL Are In!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next