Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. Empty
PostSubject: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 5:44 pm

Both Manga and Anime are awesomesauce. Here is some random good shit from the anime. It's all spoilery so ehhhhhhh:

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:12 pm

I keep hearing great things about it. Also a lot of debates if One Punch Man would beat Goku. So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. 725796345
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Well I have been spending a ot of time on /r/whowouldwin. Saitama is basically cancer over there. He is neither close to Goku nor Superman by anything we have seen of him. I think he is a bunch more awesome, but in a fight he would get wrecked.

Watch the show thooo its is hella fun, even knowing that Saitama is undisputed the strongest character in it by a ton. The whole point is that he is bored because he cant find an opponent that can survive even a single punch from him.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Teckno wrote:
I keep hearing great things about it.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 7:40 pm

We did have an OPM thread back when the anime adaptation was announced: http://www.g7gaming.net/t13002-one-punch-man-getting-an-anime-adaptation?highlight=One+Punch+man

I've seen the entire series already (except for the several OVA's that have yet to be released), and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a fun series with great animation, hilarious characters, and very entertaining fight/action scenes. The series itself is basically a giant parody of battle/action shounen, and it makes fun of those cliche's and stereotypes that you see in series like Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, etc. It's a highly entertaining ride, that doesn't take itself too seriously with it's hero classes and rankings and such. Saitama is funny as fuck, and frankly see's this "capeshit" thingy as a just a hobby for him. The real awesomeness is where the other heroes come in, as you'll end up liking them even more than Saitama. The only real negative is that sometimes the whole joke or concept of the "One-Punch" can get boring or repetitive at times. It also can get real serious at times, which becomes a trollfest because you know what's going to happen during the fight. Still, it's a very entertaining and very enjoyable seinen serious that is definitely worth checking out.

OPM shit is being posted everywhere on Plebbit, halfchin, and other sites. The fanbase is HUGE over there, and there are threads everyday talking about the latest ONE Webcomic chapter or Yusuke Murata Chapter of its Manga. It even gets shitposted on other sites like Tumblr and it's even been spreading to Facebook, to the point where OPM is becoming huge with casuals. Hell, it was even voted as the #1 TV series of all-time (with at-least 5,000 votes) over on IMDB at some point, which is ridiculous but hilarious at the same time. Razz Razz Razz The hype machine is huge, and the fanboys are real insane about this series.

I recommend reading the the manga version before or after watching the anime version, since the artwork is fucking amazing for the Murata version, even though that version is far behind where the ONE Webcomic is. I would even argue that the manga does this series a lot more justice, and the fight scenes are even better in the manga than they were animated. Hopefully, we get a season 2 in the future, since Murata has been informing people on his twitter that he's been working like hell to draw and catch-up to where the ONE webcomic is with the series.

IMO it's a solid 7.5-8/10 for the anime version, overall. Season 2 when Madhouse?

Mumen Rider FTMFW!!!  So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. 21888

You can read the ONE Webcomic here: http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man_one/ or the Yusuke Murata Manga version here: http://mangafox.me/manga/onepunch_man/
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 7:46 pm

I forgot to mention the amazing, glorious, awesomeness that is the OPM opening. Oh silly me! Razz

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 9:53 pm

Can someone be a doll and link me the site they are watching it from
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:33 am

Teckno wrote:
Can someone be a doll and link me the site they are watching it from

http://gogoanime.io/category/one-punch-man
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:39 am

https://kissanime.to/Anime/One-Punch-Man

Also damn, always so funny to see the difference between the webcomic and manga:

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. 8nWF64M

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. GPwEFpj

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. D014

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. OPM01

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 3:12 am

Lol yeah my flatmates who aren't even Into anime discovered OPM off FB
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Just watched the first episode. Can't wait to watch the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.   So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I see the glory of One Punch Man hasn't really reached this place yet.
Page 1 of 1