Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap Empty
PostSubject: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap Chris-rock-criticizes-jennifer-lawrence

Quote :
“You hear Jennifer Lawrence complaining about getting paid less because she’s a woman — if she was black, she’d really have something to complain about.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/chris-rock-jennifer-lawrence-gender-pay-gap-1201669721/

Meanwhile, Lawrence is complaining that she got paid less than her male co-stars in a movie for an audience that doesn't care much about her, while Scarlett Johansson earned more than every actor in Avengers COMBINED (excluding Downey.) Such a big pay-gap... eye roll
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Damn. Being rich much be a pretty tough life. eye roll
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Mecha wrote:

Not just rich. But the richest actress in the world:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2015/08/20/the-worlds-highest-paid-actresses-2015-jennifer-lawrence-leads-with-52-million/

Earns 52 million and still complains she's being underpaid by Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:08 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2015/08/20/the-worlds-highest-paid-actresses-2015-jennifer-lawrence-leads-with-52-million/

I think it's more about being treated equally rather than the money itself. But still, who the fuck cares when you're that rich?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I think it's more about being treated equally rather than the money itself. But still, who the fuck cares when you're that rich?

And Lawrence is treated unfairly in which way? Her essay was about being paid less than Bale, Renner, etc. in American Hustle. She even said "I'm not saying it's because of my vagina, but(...)"
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:37 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And Lawrence is treated unfairly in which way? Her essay was about being paid less than Bale, Renner, etc. in American Hustle. She even said "I'm not saying it's because of my vagina, but(...)"

I don't know? That's just what I got from her. If it's not her gender, then WTF is she complaining about?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:03 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I don't know? That's just what I got from her. If it's not her gender, then WTF is she complaining about?

She is complaining that Bale, Renner and Bradley Cooper earned more than her for American Hustle. She goes on to argue that the only reason is that she's a woman, completely being oblivious to how studio salary is worked out.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap   Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Rock responds to Jennifer Lawrence on "supposed" pay-gap
Page 1 of 1