Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spectre reviews are in!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Spectre reviews are in! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Spectre reviews are in! Empty
PostSubject: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 10:38 am

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spectre_2015/

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Spectre reviews are in! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Ewwww!!!!! An IGN review.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Spectre reviews are in! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 1:36 pm

yonny616 wrote:

Did you ever expect Mecha to post a review from a legit reviewer?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 4:40 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Well, it's either IGN, Chris Stuckmann, JeremyJahns, or other YouTube reviewers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 10:50 pm

Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Well, it's either IGN, Chris Stuckmann, JeremyJahns, or other YouTube reviewers.
Jeremy is a good movie reviewer compared to IGN. Also Stuckmann and the schmoes are legit film critics and the only YouTube reviewers that get their reviews up on RottenTomatoes.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 8:52 am

yonny616 wrote:
Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Jeremy is a good movie reviewer compared to IGN. Also Stuckmann and the schmoes are legit film critics and the only YouTube reviewers that get their reviews up on RottenTomatoes.

They're YouTube entertainers.  

Legit Film critics are people like David Denby, Andrew Sarris. Frank E. Woods, A. O. Scott, Todd McCarthy, etc.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 11:27 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Legit Film critics are people like David Denby, Andrew Sarris. Frank E. Woods, A. O. Scott, Todd McCarthy, etc.
They're all just people with opinions.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:04 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Archduke wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That doesn't change the difference between a legit film critic and someone like Chris Stuckmann who just entertains YouTubers.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Yup, "legit" critics matter more alright. >_>
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Looking forward to seeing this film, even if it's getting "disappointing" press from some people.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 3:44 pm

@Mecha

Try to understand the topic before you comment on it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 12:56 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Archduke wrote:

That doesn't change the difference between a legit film critic and someone like Chris Stuckmann who just entertains YouTubers.
Well, in the YouTube movie reviewers space, they're as "legit" as it gets
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

YouTube Reviewers =/= Legit Film Critics like Frank E. Woods.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:17 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Why can't they be "legit film" critics? Is it because their reviews are YouTube videos? If so then that is stupid.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 3:41 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Why can't they be "legit film" critics? Is it because their reviews are YouTube videos? If so then that is stupid.

You obviously don't understand anything about film criticism - nor film critics.

People like Frank E. Woods wasn't just "someone with an opinion"; he shaped and even built the entire structure for what was the silent film industry. Before he helped, cinema was a dying artform that was reverred as a "mere gimmick". He helped usher it into a new era by partnering up with D. W. Griffith, and was the only person willing to do a small project; Birth of a Nation. The film that made cinema become a "legitimate artform", while also being the highest-grosssing movie of all-time, back then. Without Frank, Griffith wouldn't have done any of it - and on top of that, Frank was also the only and first critic to be recongized in the industry, helping move forward a pathway for hundreds years later.

People like Andrew Sarris, Pauline Kael and Roger Ebert were the ones who made film criticism into a mainstream thing. They were also the ones who made Television stars legit stars by being the first ones to push the medium forward. Critics like them were also the ones who jumpstarted cable Television, and, funny enough, without them, Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns would never have their YouTube careers.

Going even beyond what legit critics have done, they're also ones who uses criticism in their reviews in a profound and insighting way. The only thing Stuckmann has ever done is look into a camera and pause for a laugh. Oh, and say things like: "The cinematography is beautiful", completely neglecting what cinematography even is. Let alone, even mention what it is about it that makes it that way.

For you to compare YouTube entertainers to some of the biggest icons and innovators in the film indsutry just goes to show how little you know about film criticism and the importance of "Legit" critics. Without people like Frank and Sarris, both the film industry, along with the TV one, would've never taken off in the way that it has. 

I'm sure you'll find some way to try to neglect what I've just said, but I'm also sure you haven't done any research into anything other YouTube videos. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:38 pm

Goddamn, Mecha got completely BODIED by Rambo. Holy hell.

@Mecha,

Spectre reviews are in! 5ae2ba6970e6ece19eda660a6dd07305c866136934e8a42b1cfbd7cf87beea5b
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 12:42 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

You obviously don't understand anything about film criticism - nor film critics.

People like Frank E. Woods wasn't just "someone with an opinion"; he shaped and even built the entire structure for what was the silent film industry. Before he helped, cinema was a dying artform that was reverred as a "mere gimmick". He helped usher it into a new era by partnering up with D. W. Griffith, and was the only person willing to do a small project; Birth of a Nation. The film that made cinema become a "legitimate artform", while also being the highest-grosssing movie of all-time, back then. Without Frank, Griffith wouldn't have done any of it - and on top of that, Frank was also the only and first critic to be recongized in the industry, helping move forward a pathway for hundreds years later.

People like Andrew Sarris, Pauline Kael and Roger Ebert were the ones who made film criticism into a mainstream thing. They were also the ones who made Television stars legit stars by being the first ones to push the medium forward. Critics like them were also the ones who jumpstarted cable Television, and, funny enough, without them, Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns would never have their YouTube careers.

Going even beyond what legit critics have done, they're also ones who uses criticism in their reviews in a profound and insighting way. The only thing Stuckmann has ever done is look into a camera and pause for a laugh. Oh, and say things like: "The cinematography is beautiful", completely neglecting what cinematography even is. Let alone, even mention what it is about it that makes it that way.

For you to compare YouTube entertainers to some of the biggest icons and innovators in the film indsutry just goes to show how little you know about film criticism and the importance of "Legit" critics. Without people like Frank and Sarris, both the film industry, along with the TV one, would've never taken off in the way that it has. 

I'm sure you'll find some way to try to neglect what I've just said, but I'm also sure you haven't done any research into anything other YouTube videos. Have fun.
So it is because they're on YouTube. Good to know. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 2:29 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

So it is because they're on YouTube. Good to know. Razz

Of course it is...  Spectre reviews are in! 1443829230

Still love you, tho <3
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Spectre reviews are in! QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 2:36 pm

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Spectre reviews are in! TeHqPLW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spectre reviews are in!   Spectre reviews are in! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spectre reviews are in!
Page 1 of 1