Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel! Empty
PostSubject: Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel!   Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel! Battle10

Quote :
Twentieth Century Fox has announced that James Cameron and Jon Landau will produce a big-screen adaptation of Yukito Kishiro's acclaimed Battle Angel Alita (it seems they've tinkered with the title for the movie) manga series, with Robert Rodriguez now in negotiations to direct.

Cameron has been trying to get this project off the ground for years, but evidently his commitment to the Avatar sequels finally forced him to pass it on. Below is the official press release, which contains quotes from Rodriguez and Cameron.

Quote :
Set in the 26th century, ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL tells the story of Alita, an amnesiac female cyborg who is rescued from a scrapyard by a doctor. The rebuilt Alita, remembering only her training in a deadly martial art, becomes a hunter-warrior, tracking down and eliminating vicious criminals. Within the context of an epic action-adventure, the film will explore a young woman’s journey of self-discovery and finding love.

James Cameron: “Robert and I have been looking for a film to do together for years, so I was pumped when he said he wanted to do Battle Angel. He’s very collaborative and we’re already like two kids building a go-kart, just having fun riffing creatively and technically. This project is near and dear to me, and there’s nobody I trust more than Robert, with his technical virtuosity and rebel style, to take over the directing reins. We’re looking forward to learning a lot from each other while we make a kick-ass epic.”

Robert Rodriguez: “Battle Angel is an incredibly rich and vibrant epic in the tradition of Jim Cameron’s spectacular, character-driven films. Getting to work from Jim’s terrific and visionary script while learning the cutting edge techniques he’s pioneered is a master class in filmmaking. It’s an honor to explore the world of Alita along with Jim and Jon, whose films have impacted me for decades.”

No release date was provided, but we'll keep you posted. Do you think Rodriguez is a good fit for this material? Sound off below.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel!   Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 11:00 pm

I've heard great things about this manga series. I will probably check it out at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17

Robert Rodriguez to direct Alita: Battle Angel!
Page 1 of 1