Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  Empty
PostSubject: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 11:29 am

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 am

Shouldn't it be Scarlett Johanssen and not Johansson?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
No, because that's not how it's spelt.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 2:07 am

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It is in Denmark. =/

Correction: It's Johansen, not Johanssen.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 2:57 am

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It is in Denmark. =/

That's incorrect, Mecha. 

Danish names (even surnames) can be spelt differently whilst having the same pronounciation.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 9:22 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It is in Denmark. =/

That's incorrect, Mecha. 

Danish names (even surnames) can be spelt differently whilst having the same pronounciation.

But you got to admit, it's often spelled "Johansen" in Denmark though. It's kinda like how people spell "Rafael" instead of "Raphael" in Spanish-speaking countries.

Also..... pronunciation* Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It is in Denmark. =/

That's incorrect, Mecha. 

But you got to admit, it's often spelled "Johansen" in Denmark though. It's kinda like how people spell "Rafael" instead of "Raphael" in Spanish-speaking countries.

It's not like that - at all. Names in Denmark can be spelled on either a Danish term, or from a mix of different ones. The main thing is that the pronunciation is spoken in Danish, where as the spelling doesn't have to be.

Lots of Danish people in Denmark have Danish names that aren't spelled in a typical Danish fashion. It's part of the culture, really.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 4:36 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It is in Denmark. =/

That's incorrect, Mecha. 

It's not like that - at all. Names in Denmark can be spelled on either a Danish term, or from a mix of different ones. The main thing is that the pronunciation is spoken in Danish, where as the spelling doesn't have to be.

Lots of Danish people in Denmark have Danish names that aren't spelled in a typical Danish fashion. It's part of the culture, really.

So you admit that "Johansen" is the proper way to spell it in Danish then?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It is in Denmark. =/

That's incorrect, Mecha. 

The Danish spelling of names varies from family to family. There is no single way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:02 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That's incorrect, Mecha. 

The Danish spelling of names varies from family to family. There is no single way to do it.

I noticed that there is a "sen" at the end of most Danish surnames.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That depends on the surname and whether it's a mixed spelling or not. Some people are called Michael. Some are called Mikael. Same Danish name, just different spelling. It's the same with surnames.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:09 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That depends on the surname and whether it's a mixed spelling or not. Some people are called Michael. Some are called Mikael. Same Danish name, just different spelling. It's the same with surnames.

I don't know if some people mispronounce it, but Mikael sounds like Miguel in English. =/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I don't know if some people mispronounce it, but Mikael sounds like Miguel in English. =/

That would be Mikkel, and not Mikael. Two different names.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:34 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That would be Mikkel, and not Mikael. Two different names.

I dun derp'd!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!    Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hail, Ceasar! - OFFICIAL TRAILER!
Page 1 of 1