Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!

Go down 
+2
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! Empty
PostSubject: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Quote :
Scientists have discovered the strongest evidence yet that "flowing liquid water" exists on Mars, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration said Monday morning.
Imaging instruments aboard NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter identified evidence of "hydrated minerals" called perchlorates that have formed streaks on slopes on Mars' surface, the agency said.
"The most exciting thing about the announcement today is that it would be possible to have life on Mars," said NASA's John Grunsfeld at a press conference Monday.

Quote :
Liquid water runs down canyons and crater walls over the summer months onMars, according to researchers who say the discovery raises the chances of being home to some form of life.
The trickles leave long, dark stains on the Martian terrain that can reach hundreds of metres downhill in the warmer months, before they dry up in the autumn as surface temperatures drop.

“There is liquid water today on the surface of Mars,” Michael Meyer, the lead scientist on Nasa’s Mars exploration programme, told the Guardian. “Because of this, we suspect that it is at least possible to have a habitable environment today.”

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/28/nasa-scientists-find-evidence-flowing-water-mars
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 pm

The Martian is now dated, lol!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 2:00 pm

inb4 Nestle bottles it and sells it all.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Would be funny to bring a MARS Bar on Mars.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:49 pm

WTF is Mars Bar? ._.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
WTF is Mars Bar? ._.

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! Fcnd_mar_mar_-00_mars-bar-2014
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 pm

I don't think I have ever seen a Mars bar at a store before? And if I did, it probably got discontinued many many years ago.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Mecha wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen a Mars bar at a store before? And if I did, it probably got discontinued many many years ago.

They're pretty much in every store over here in Scandinavia. No clue whether they are popular in the US, however. 

They taste good, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:08 pm

It could be one of those cases where New Orleans doesn't have it, but everyone else does. Like for example, we don't have Dave & Buster's or Jack In The Box in New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Mecha wrote:
It could be one of those cases where New Orleans doesn't have it, but everyone else does. Like for example, we don't have Dave & Buster's or Jack In The Box in New Orleans.

That's kind of odd? Then again, the US is a huge city with over 50 states, so it makes sense that some states have stuff that others don't. I don't know, I'm just speculating, of course.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I think it's because New Orleans already has the French Quarter, Mardi Gras and our own kinds of food for some companies to even bother to try to expand here.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I think it's because New Orleans already has the French Quarter, Mardi Gras and our own kinds of food for some companies to even bother to try to expand here.

Poor Mecha. First he loses Hannibal, and now he'll never taste a MARS bar. 

Poor fella. 

Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:27 pm

@RamboOnRedBull That's okay. We'll get a taste of Hannibal going to space next year. NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 11:32 pm

We have Mars here, but it's certainly not as popular as Snickers/Twix/hersheys/kitkat.

Mars isn't even that good so you're not missing much.

Anyways, water shmatter. If you find oil, let us know cause....

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! 48845760
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 1:44 am

Maars bars are all over New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Angelus wrote:
Maars bars are all over New Orleans.
It's because Mecha never actually goes out. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Maybe Mars bars are so plain looking that I never even noticed. The next time I go to the store, I'll be fully aware of it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
The Martian is now dated, lol!

The ironic part is that Ridley Scott says he already knew:

Quote :
"I knew that months ago," he told Yahoo Movies when the site brought up NASA's groundbreaking discovery.

"When I first talked to NASA, we got into all kinds of stuff and I said, 'So I know you’ve got down there [these] massive glaciers,'" Scott told Yahoo Movies. "And he said, ‘Yeah, that the massive white thing [on the surface of Mars] that gets covered with dust, we think that’s ice.' And I said, 'Wow! Does that mean there was an ocean? Are we right now what Mars was 750 million years ago?' And they went, 'Uh, good question.' So they want to go up there and find out.'"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/02/ridley-scott-nasa-told-me-about-water-on-mars-before-the-rest-of-the-world?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=2&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=560ef8c592194fae28000015
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 10:44 pm

We've known it's had ice for years. And the surface temperature can reach 70 degrees during the day in the summer (although it's thin atmosphere can barely retain any heat). So I assumed we already knew ice would thaw out during the day and refreeze during the night?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 8:56 am

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 am

http://deadline.com/2015/10/martian-tops-100-million-55-million-international-box-office-the-walk-1201566927/

DSP2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!   NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NASA Confirms Liquid Water on Mars!
Page 1 of 1