Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers Empty
PostSubject: Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers   Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers Gapeyk11

Quote :
At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Hugh Jackman seemingly confirmed that 2017's Wolverine movie is going to be an adaptation of Old Man Logan. Of course, there's no way it can ever be a faithful adaptation (unless Fox teams up with Marvel Studios, and that probably isn't going to be happening any time soon) due to the sheer amount of characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe who factor into the story. As it turns out though, that's not something which is worrying comic book writer and Fox creative consultant, Mark Millar. "They're not important to the story," he told [url=http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/25/mark-millar-explains-how-a-wolverine-old-man-logan-movie-could-work-without-marvel-studios-characters? hub page&utm_content=7]IGN[/url] in a recent interview. "The way I worked that thing is I actually structured it as, I broke it down mechanically - I figured out going from this part of America to that part of America and what he would encounter along the way, and then I added in the adversities later."

"Basically Wolverine doing The Road movie is the important thing and he has a friend [a blind Hawkeye] with him," Millar continues. "But that friend could be Cyclops and he could be blind by the fact that his ruby-quartz visor is broken and he has to keep his eyes closed the whole time and everything, but still insists on driving the car they're crossing America with. There's lots of stuff. Instead of the Hulk, you could have the Blob or something." The Kick-Ass creator isn't wrong, as many of the characters could indeed be replaced by X-Men characters. It's still a shame though that we won't get to see Wolverine battling the Red Skull or the massive skeleton of the fallen Giant-Man! "Honestly, the continuity stuff is the most boring side of it. I kind of like it, keeping it in the X-Men universe a little, too, because comic fans are different from the mainstream world. I know this stuff backwards because I've lived my whole life loving this stuff, but most people don't know all the minutia and everything so I think keeping it simplified and keeping it generally X-Men universe is a smarter thing to do." What do you guys think?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers   Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:43 pm

As I'm someone who's not a Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie, what is Old Man Logan like?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers   Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:58 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Old Man Logan is about Marvel's most dangerous supervillains coming together, and kill off most of the superheroes and take over everything in the future. With only Wolverine and a few other superheroes that are left alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers   Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Millar on how The Wolverine 3 can work without The Avengers
Page 1 of 1