Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison Empty
PostSubject: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 5:48 pm

Watch in 1080p HD for full effect
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 5:51 pm

This know this was coming out out Blu-ray?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:05 pm

It was remastered for the 20th Anniversary of Evangelion. The Blu-Ray collection actually just came out in Japan not too long ago. Problem is, it's an expensive Japan-only release AND there's no subs attached to it.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm sure it will come in America at some point, since Evangelion has a pretty strong following here in the US.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'm sure it will come in America at some point, since Evangelion has a pretty strong following here in the US.

I heard a rumor somewhere that FUNimation is trying to acquire the license for a North American release, since they own the license to the Eva Rebuild Films in the west. Though, I can only imagine that trying to acquire this license is going to be ridiculously expense, since Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the most critically-acclaimed and beloved anime series of all-time. The price to just import this Blu-Ray collection from Japan is a whopping $330 on play-asia.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah, Japanese Blu-rays are fucking expensive. But I guess it's worth it if you have the money though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 6:50 pm

They aren't worth it if they don't come with subs, IMO. It's just an expense paperweight at that point. Unless, you're just getting it for collection purposes and don't plan to actually watch it in RAW Japanese. (Unless you can speak and understand the Japanese language very well, of course.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Oh yeah, lol! I forgot about subtitles. I mean, some Japanese Blu-rays have subtitles I think. But yeah, it's not really worth it without subtitles. Depending what your getting anyway.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 7:19 pm

I know at least Aniplex, who licenses their stuff in North America under the branch name Aniplex of America, offers the Japanese import option with subtitles added for some of their blu-ray titles. But that's probably because Aniplex is a huge Japanese company who can afford to do so.

Studio Khara (Current holder of the Evangelion IP Name, and creator of the Eva Rebuild Film series) themselves made Official English subtitles for the sole purpose of Evangelion 3.0 getting an imported release for people in other countries to buy. But, that's probably only due to the fact that FUNimation's release of Eva 3.0 is in jeopardy. Their English dub for 3.0 was scrapped for whatever reason.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:16 pm

I know Aniplex released Baccano! with both English subtitles and English dubs on Blu-ray. But now it's out of print. I don't understand why FUNimation didn't release Baccano! on Blu-ray though? Aniplex is using their English dub.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 6:49 pm

I have no idea. There might be some licensing rights and stuff that keep FUNimation from releasing on Blu-ray so they can only release on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Just found out that both Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion are also getting remastered and released on Blu-Ray. Cool. I still need to finish the series though. I never actually watched the series to completion, and am just now trying to do so. (At episode 15 now.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Merica release or GTFO!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Like you would ever buy this, anyways. You don't even buy games anymore. Razz
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 6:39 pm

someone buy me this
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 9:58 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison   Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-Ray Comparison
Page 1 of 1