Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2015 7:47 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Looks like she's upset that she hasn't getting much juicy roles lately. Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 2505020059

I couldn't take her comment about "intelligent" movies seriously, considering she's worked on Machete Kills, Charm and even Conan the Barbarian. It comes across as quite hypocritical to me.

IKR! It's like Hayden Christensen quitting acting because the capeshit genre is a popular thing now. What's even more funny is that actual Oscar-worthy actors are actually more open to do capeshit movies, yet she thinks she is too good for them? lol! GTFO!

To Hayden's defense, he did star as the lead in Shattered Glass. A good film with a pretty decent performance IMO.

I'm sure Hayden Christensen is perfectly capable of pulling a decent performance. As long as George Lucas isn't directing him. But still, he isn't the kind of actor where people take him seriously.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 9:35 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Looks like she's upset that she hasn't getting much juicy roles lately. Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 2505020059

I couldn't take her comment about "intelligent" movies seriously, considering she's worked on Machete Kills, Charm and even Conan the Barbarian. It comes across as quite hypocritical to me.

IKR! It's like Hayden Christensen quitting acting because the capeshit genre is a popular thing now. What's even more funny is that actual Oscar-worthy actors are actually more open to do capeshit movies, yet she thinks she is too good for them? lol! GTFO!

To Hayden's defense, he did star as the lead in Shattered Glass. A good film with a pretty decent performance IMO.

I'm sure Hayden Christensen is perfectly capable of pulling a decent performance. As long as George Lucas isn't directing him. But still, he isn't the kind of actor where people take him seriously.

He's also not the kind of actor who quits his career before he even has one. Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Apparently, Steven Spielberg also thinks Indiana Jones is never going to be recast. Yeah, like Disney is going to do nothing with the property. >_>
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
Apparently, Steven Spielberg also thinks Indiana Jones is never going to be recast. Yeah, like Disney is going to do nothing with the property. >_>

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread? If you care so much, then post it in a more appropiate thread or make a new one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:04 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

What does that have to do with the topic of this thread? If you care so much, then post it in a more appropiate thread or make a new one.

I'm just saying, his opinion doesn't mean shit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Why not?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 10:11 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Why not?

I mean, come on. Do you honestly believe Disney are just going to stop with Harrison Ford?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Why not?

I mean, come on. Do you honestly believe Disney are just going to stop with Harrison Ford?

So because he made a vague comment, that means his opinion is "shit"? It's obvious that you're looking for something to cry over because he used a logical comment about the history of cinema.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Quote :
[Leo on whether he'll do a capeshit role] You never know. You never know. They're getting better and better as far as complex characters in these movies. I haven't yet. But no, I don't rule out anything."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:11 pm

I don't see that happening until after Leo wins an Oscar.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Mecha wrote:
What if he does a comic book role and wins an Oscar... after all, that's how Heath Ledger got his. Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:16 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
What if he does a comic book role and wins an Oscar... after all, that's how Heath Ledger got his. Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 725796345

Or...

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 13838610
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Or...

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 13838610
Well that actor would have failed the part of Leo DiCaprio.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:05 am

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Or...

The worst part is that sounds like something the Academy would actually do. Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"   Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spielberg: "Superhero Movies will Fade Away like Westerns did"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2