Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer Empty
PostSubject: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:21 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Came here for Eddie Redmayne. Will see it for Eddie Redmayne.

That said, I'm disappointed that he doesn't have a Danish accent? IDK, it's kind of odd.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Wait, I'm confused. Where is this film suppose to be set in again?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:05 pm

Mecha wrote:
Wait, I'm confused. Where is this film suppose to be set in again?

Partly in Copenhagen, and partly somewhere else (but I don't know where that is.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I was confused because this is suppose to be set in Copenhagen, yet all of the cast are Brits.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I was confused because this is suppose to be set in Copenhagen, yet all of the cast are Brits.

Most American films have Brits all over as well nowadays. There's been a huge wave of british actors dominating the film industry for the past few years, so I'm not surprised.

Oh, and the film is also a British film, so it's no mystery why they used their own pool of talent.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:29 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, but when Brits play Americans, they at least pull off the American accent. Here, they don't even attempt doing a Danish accent.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, but when Brits play Americans, they at least pull off the American accent. Here, they don't even attempt doing a Danish accent.

Yeah, that's the odd thing about it, lol. I seriously thought they were all playing British actors who just happened to be in Copenhagen, for some reason. :=/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Nah. These are suppose to be Danish characters.

It's funny because last night I was actually reading how Hannibal could've had better ratings if they casted an American or a Brit to play Lecter. But since they cast Mads Mikkelsen, many people have trouble understanding his accent. So that might be the reason why they didn't use Danish accents for this film. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Nah. These are suppose to be Danish characters.

It's funny because last night I was actually reading how Hannibal could've had better ratings if they casted an American or a Brit to play Lecter. But since they cast Mads Mikkelsen, many people have trouble understanding his accent. So that might be the reason why they didn't use Danish accents for this film. Razz

That's highly unlikely as Scandinavians are some of the best foreigners in the English language skills (I'm not lying.)

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer 1415805817_epi-dk-map

http://www.thelocal.dk/20141112/danes-the-best-non-native-english-speakers-in-the-world

or

http://www.thepolyglotdream.com/scandinavianenglish/

or 

Google for yourself
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Oh, I know. I'm not talking about myself. I watch a lot of Scandinavians on YouTube and listen to Barbie Girl. So I understand what they are saying. But there are still people that don't understand. Like this for example...

https://www.reddit.com/r/HannibalTV/comments/1exy01/how_involved_if_at_all_is_thomas_harris/ca589w2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Oh, I know. I'm not talking about myself. I watch a lot of Scandinavians on YouTube and listen to Barbie Girl. So I understand what they are saying. But there are still people that don't understand. Like this for example...

https://www.reddit.com/r/HannibalTV/comments/1exy01/how_involved_if_at_all_is_thomas_harris/ca589w2

They're the minority, Mecha.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:47 am

Scandinavian girls are so fucking hot, but they are like American/Russian level dumb
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 6:28 am

At least Scandinavians have great taste in music. The Danish Girl - Official Trailer 2505020059

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Mecha wrote:
At least Scandinavians have great taste in music. The Danish Girl - Official Trailer 2505020059

I love you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 9:02 pm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_danish_girl_2015/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 am

Just found out that the main actress in this film is Swedish, yet she is using an English accent.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:47 am

Mecha wrote:
Just found out that the main actress in this film is Swedish, yet she is using an English accent.

You didn't know? She was the one playing Eve in Ex Machina as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:57 am

@RamboOnRedBull Yeah, I just realized that yesterday, since it was her birthday that day. That's not why I rented Ex Machina, however. That just happened to be a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Danish Girl - Official Trailer   The Danish Girl - Official Trailer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Danish Girl - Official Trailer
Page 1 of 1