Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise

Go down 
2 posters

What's next for The Fantastic Four franchise?
 Fox will continue on with the sequel
 Have a crossover film with the X-Men
 Make direct DVD movies in order to keep the rights
 Reboot it (AGAIN!) in 7 years
 Rights will revert back to Disney
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise Empty
PostSubject: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:18 pm

What are you doing posting ComicBookCast?

If it makes the cash, which it won't, it'll get a sequel. I honestly think it's up in the air for reboot in another decade or so. If the rights revert it's because they could get production off the ground, kind of like Daredevil.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:28 pm

@yonny616 They don't have a decade. They only have 7 years. Worse part is, they probably have to go into production on another Fantastic Four movie soon. Whether it's a sequel or a reboot. If they don't do nothing with it for a period of time, then the rights could revert back to Disney a lot quicker.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 They don't have a decade. They only have 7 years. Worse part is, they probably have to go into production on another Fantastic Four movie soon. Whether it's a sequel or a reboot. If they don't do nothing with it for a period of time, then the rights could revert back to Disney a lot quicker.
That's why I said "or so". You're kind of right. I believe they have their 7 years to do another reboot if they want, but I doubt it reverts back to Marvel any time soon unless Fox themselves hand it over or they trade for the X-Men TV rights, which at this point have more value honestly. If this reverts it'll be the same reason why Daredevil reverted, they couldn't get the production off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:59 pm

@yonny616 The only reason you doubt it, is because it's too good to be true. But really think about it. Fox can't wait to go into production in just 7 years. The next Fantastic Four movie needs to go into production a lot sooner than that. That's why Fox announced a reboot a year after Rise of the Silver Surfer. So that they can keep the rights. It's weird because I just don't see Fox going into production on another Fantastic Four movie if this under performs, and it going back to Marvel just sounds like wishful thinking. Also I hear that Fox can't really do a Fantastic Four and X-Men crossover. Because it's two completely different contracts. They would have to ask Marvel to do a crossover movie, which I doubt Marvel would agree to it. It's almost as if the Fantastic Four franchise has reached a dead end. Every option seems unlikely for some reason.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:05 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 The only reason you doubt it, is because it's too good to be true. But really think about it. Fox can't wait to go into production in just 7 years. The next Fantastic Four movie needs to go into production a lot sooner than that. That's why Fox announced a reboot a year after Rise of the Silver Surfer. So that they can keep the rights. It's weird because I just don't see Fox going into production on another Fantastic Four movie if this under performs, and it going back to Marvel just sounds like wishful thinking. Also I hear that Fox can't really do a Fantastic Four and X-Men crossover. Because it's two completely different contracts. They would have to ask Marvel to do a crossover movie, which I doubt Marvel would agree to it. It's almost as if the Fantastic Four franchise has reached a dead end. Every option seems unlikely for some reason.
No, I doubt it because this is Fox. After all, didn't they rush into production for this failed reboot at the last minute?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:19 am

@yonny616 Yeah, but 3 or 4 bad Fantastic Four movies in a row? They should be very hesitant to make another movie at this point. It's WAY too risky now. But at the same time, they can't wait to go into production in just a few years. In needs to be right away or they will lose the rights. Fox will probably try to fight back to keep the rights, but the chances of them keeping it are very slim.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:56 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Yeah, but 3 or 4 bad Fantastic Four movies in a row? They should be very hesitant to make another movie at this point. It's WAY too risky now. But at the same time, they can't wait to go into production in just a few years. In needs to be right away or they will lose the rights. Fox will probably try to fight back to keep the rights, but the chances of them keeping it are very slim.
No it doesn't need to be right away. Again, Fox didn't start production on this reboot until the last minute, why would it be any different now?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:27 am

@yonny616 I heard though that the contract says that if there is no production at works then the rights go back to Disney. That is why Sony was so desperate to put out Spider-Man spin-offs. That's why Fox is putting out X-Men spin-offs. That also might explain why Ghost Rider went back to Disney so quickly. Because they just decided not to go into production on another movie right away. Fox hired a writer for the Fantastic Four reboot since 2009. So they have been developing the film for years, but it wasn't until a couple of years later where things really picked up.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:58 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 I heard though that the contract says that if there is no production at works then the rights go back to Disney. That is why Sony was so desperate to put out Spider-Man spin-offs. That's why Fox is putting out X-Men spin-offs. That also might explain why Ghost Rider went back to Disney so quickly. Because they just decided not to go into production on another movie right away. Fox hired a writer for the Fantastic Four reboot since 2009. So they have been developing the film for years, but it wasn't until a couple of years later where things really picked up.
The whole writing, getting a director, and casting is all part of pre-production if I'm correct. Production is once the film starts filming, which this Fantastic Four reboot didn't do until its final year on the contract (2014). They can be in pre production until the last minute, but if they fail to start production then the rights revert, assuming it's the same so as the case with Daredevil.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:17 pm

@yonny616 I don't know? I heard somewhere that if they don't do absolutely nothing with the properties for a certain period of time, then the rights go back to Disney. But who knows? I don't understand Fox's logic though? Are they just going to make a bad Fantastic Four movie and lose money every time the rights are about to expire? Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise   The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of The Fantastic Four Franchise
Page 1 of 1