Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales Empty
PostSubject: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales Final-fantasy-vii-640x400

Quote :
As it stands, Sony’s PlayStation 4 was the best-selling console for the month of May, and depending on which market you are looking at, has managed to dominate the charts in the previous months as well. However it seems that Square Enix wants to give Sony a helping hand with the remake of Final Fantasy VII.

During the week, Square Enix announced that they would be remaking Final Fantasy VII and apart from pleasing fans of the franchise and making new fans, Square Enix has other reasons for it as well. Speaking to Engadget, Final Fantasy VII remake director Tetsuya Nomura revealed that they are hoping that this will help increase the number of PS4s sold by Sony.

According to Nomura, “Why now? This week at E3 we announced several titles coming to the PS4: not only FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, and World of Final Fantasy, but [also] a new Star Ocean and more. Rather than announce the remake after those titles went on sale, we wanted to give gamers something that would make them happy – open them up, perhaps, to buying into the PS4.”

This seems to confirm earlier reports that the next-gen consoles in Japan aren’t doing as well as they are in other markets. Last year we reported that both the PS4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One weren’t selling as well so by introducing games like a remade Final Fantasy VII, Square Enix is hoping that this will make the consoles more appealing. As it stands, the remake appears to be only for the PS4 at this moment, but perhaps it could be announced for the Xbox One and PC later on.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/06/square-enix-ff7-boost-ps4-salessquare-enix-hopes-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-boost-ps4-sales/
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am

I'm sure it will. That is if the game is done before the PS5 comes out. =/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 11:26 am

Mecha wrote:
I'm sure it will. That is if the game is done before the PS5 comes out. =/
PS7
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:17 am

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:16 am

How much more could they boost PS4 sales? Isn't already selling faster than the PS2 did?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:20 am

It's surprising how much PS4 is selling when it has no games. Well it has games, but the heavy hitters haven't came in yet. Same goes for Xbox One as well.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 am

Mecha wrote:
It's surprising how much PS4 is selling when it has no games. Well it has games, but the heavy hitters haven't came in yet. Same goes for Xbox One as well.

I remember someone posting an article about Sony themselves admitting they don't understand why the PS4 is selling so well. It's quite fascinating. I'm guessing it's jaded Wii and Xbox 360 owners going to PS4 instead of the competition, and maybe last gen lasted so long that people desperately wanted a new gen console that they bought one as soon as they could even though it didn't have any games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 1:42 am

@Stigma Oh yeah, I remember that article, lol! I think I was the one that posted it. But yeah, I think at lot of people have switch over to PlayStation this gen. I mean, PS4 was the most played console for the Call of Duty: Black Ops III beta. Which is funny because Xbox use to be the home for Call of Duty last gen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales   Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Square Enix Hopes Final Fantasy VII Remake will boost PS4 sales
Page 1 of 1