Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away

Go down 
+6
Stoney
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
Bluenose
Orion
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:36 pm

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Holy fuck this came out of nowhere, he wasn't even that old. Feeling for his family.

R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:25 pm

Noooooooooooooo! Sad

R.I.P, legend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:40 pm

WTF!?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:42 pm

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Official statement.

Was really unexpected Sad
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:40 am

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata

Holy shit, I sure as hell didn't see this coming. R.I.P. Iwata-san, you died way too young. Only 55 years of age. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 am

Dude wasn't some suit, he was a programmer and a fucking beast of one at that.

Copied and pasted
1. Programming Earthbound from scratch. This was a game where the original coding was a mess. But Iwata don’t care. Iwata don’t give a shit. He just completely did over the game and managed to make it work.
2. He ported the battle code of Pokemon Stadium to the Nintendo 64, WITHOUT ANY REFERENCE DOCUMENTS.
3. You know Gold and Silver? The most popular Pokemon games ever? Since Gamefreak was still kind of noobish, they managed to fill the cartridge with just Johto. What does Iwata do? He compressed it enough for them to fit Kanto in. That’s right - this mofo compressed an entire game down when the developers couldn’t figure out how to make it work. Iwata don’t care! Iwata doesn’t give a shit!
So, yeah. Between Sakurai, Miyamoto, Masuda, Tajiri, and Iwata, Nintendo is pretty much run by programming badasses.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:37 am

Fucking cancer, eh. RIP.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 am

Cancer is cruel.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 am

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away Ki05uy10

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:15 am

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:00 am

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 2:53 pm

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/620486822494343168

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/13/nintendo-flags-lowered-to-half-mast/

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 12:38 am

It's kind of unreal to think about it. A legend is dead. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Quote :
When Melee was in development, he personally debugged the game to make sure it got out on time despite being a higher-up at the company (although not president quite yet).

He was intimately involved in the development of the early Pokémon games and (although I can't find a source on this one) single-handedly compressed all of the Kanto region to fit on the Gold and Silver cartridge.

When Earthbound was on the verge of cancellation, he rewrote the game's core coding to help save the project.

A lot of people don't realize it, but he was more than just an executive. He was a shining example of talent and devotion at Nintendo.

He put more blood, sweat, and tears into the company than anyone should ever be expected to put into their job. It will be a different Nintendo without him.

Quote :
He also reverse engineered the ENTIRE Pokemon battle system in a week without any design documents for Pokemon Stadium on the N64, a console notoriously difficult to program for.

Holy shit! DSP2
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 6:24 pm

I honestly miss him, i can't say i'd say that about any other game dev apart from Kojima, Sakurai or Miyamoto
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:20 pm

I thought it was a joke when i first saw it, looked up other gaming websites right away.

Was he in the Wii would like to play commercials? Honestly cant remember but i loved those.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 11:15 am

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:47 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away   Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has passed away
Page 1 of 1