Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal? Empty
PostSubject: Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal?   Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:01 am

Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal? Claric10

Quote :
About Clarice:

Stephanie Piche: Okay. And then one quick question. There was a - in an early episode, there was a young girl at Quantico in Will’s class. She walks up to him like she’s going to ask him something and then walks away. Was that Clarice Starling?

Bryan Fuller: And, you know, there’s - you know, we talk about Clarice quite a bit on the show. And as you may know, there’s certain rights issues tangled up in it. But there’s something about if we do ever tell the Clarice Starling’s story, I think it might be, you know, interesting to change ethnicities on Clarice and get a different perspective of a southern young woman’s experience and put race as a component in that woman’s view of the world. And, you know, it is such a - you know, race is oftentimes a tricky subject just because it makes some people cringe. But I think it is absolutely a defining trait of people and characters and fictions.
So part of me wants to do a Clarice that would be a non-white Clarice and have a different angle into that story that gives it layers that we haven’t seen because it’s going to be really hard to top Jodie Foster. And I think that - so when you said Clarice about that young woman, you know, that young white woman, I always - my reaction was first, I’d like - you know, I’m hoping if we ever do that that we don’t cast a white actress. But if we do, I hope it’s somebody like Ellen Page.

I think it's pretty clear now that Bryan is a SJW at this point. Doesn't matter though. The show is so good that you don't care if it doesn't truly follow the books and movies.

Source: Bryan Fuller
Back to top Go down

Clarice Starling will be black in future seasons of Hannibal?
Page 1 of 1