Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show Empty
PostSubject: New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show   New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:10 pm

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show U8iC1ih
Quote :
Recently installed TNT president Kevin Reilly knows he has something special in a live-action adaptation of the Teen Titans superhero property, and as such, patience is a virtue.

Announced back in September, not much has been officially confirmed about the pilot, which follows a group of young superheroes led by Dick Grayson aka Batman’s sidekick Robin, who is fated to become Nightwing. Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind) penned the pilot with Marc Haimes, and Nerdist.com has reported that the titular team will also include Barbara Gordon, Hawk/Hank Hall and Dove/Dawn Granger, Raven/Rachel Roth and the alien princess Starfire.

Asked for a status report on the project, Reilly told TVLine at TNT’s Upfronts luncheon, “Akiva’s been very busy doing some other things,” but it’s his hope that “maybe this summer” they will lock casting and ramp up production.

After all, the small screen hardly has been lacking for comic books-based fare. So there is a concerted effort for TNT to take its time and make this series unique.

“I sat down with Akiva and said — and he ultimately agreed — that the [TV] landscape right now is well-serviced on the superhero front. So what space is this going to inhabit?” Reilly related. “And really what he wants to do is be very true” to the source material.

As Reilly noted, Teen Titans “was a groundbreaking property when it first started,” so there is an opportunity here to set the TNT pilot — to either be titled Titans or Blackbirds, based on which rumor you subscribe to — apart from the ever-growing superhero pack. “There were consequences to things that happened; it wasn’t somebody died and they moved on. There was the first superhero to be an addict [in Roy Harper’s Speedy]. It’s a coming-of-age story for Robin, who feels like Batman has betrayed him.”

Once the project ultimately comes to fruition, Reilly says, “I think it’s going to end up being a very, very interesting offering. I think it’s going to be excellent.”
http://tvline.com/2015/05/13/tnt-titans-status-summer-2015-pilot/

I was hoping this show would come this fall, but I'm still excited to see how this show turns out to be. Nightwing is finally getting some love.

Last edited by yonny616 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show   New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Titans sounds better than Blackbird.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show   New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
Titans sounds better than Blackbird.
Yeah, Blackbird will make it sound like some military show.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show   New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 8:49 am

They should call it New Titans. New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show   New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Details On TEEN TITANS TV Show
Page 1 of 1