Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?

Go down 
+16
The_Biotic_God
NoelX2
Franko
Bluenose
raspymanic
yonny616
Pein
The Enkindler
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Orc
Chobo
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Stigma
Stoney
Mecha
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? Anime-face-palm

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm

90% of the conference was Kinect, really really boring. Just bad.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:17 pm

They announced two Halo games, that about what I expected.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Lol microsoft's conference wasn't as bad as you guys try to look like. Only the second part sucked.
I mean Gears 3 looked great, forza 4 looked great, ME3 kinect features were awesome, halo CE remake looked fucking awesome. And halo 4 is bigger then any game sony could ever announce. Im dissapointed with the lack of announcements tho.
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:44 pm

mostly multiplats & kinect. plus new live features. youtube was long due. rumours of live monthly fee increase are starting. the halos were awsome sause
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Only good thing at the confrence was Halo 1 Re-make.

Everything else was a snooze.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Tomb Raider = Looks very impressive
Mass Effect 3 = Awesome but they mainly showed how kinect could be used
Fable Journey = Too kinecty and dull
Ryse = Looks pretty awesome but hope they release it for regular controller play too
Halo 4 = Halo fans will be thrilled... Im like OH GOD NO NOT ANOTHER ONE
Gears 3 = A bit underwhelming, I hoped theyd show something that puts a spin on the gears formula
Halo CE = ehhh, same as Halo 4 I guess. of course it will be good though.
Disneyland thingy = ..... Neutral
MW3 = Nice, good looking but not revolutionary as such
Lab thingy = could be pretty good fun but its hardly hardcore Neutral
Forza 4 = Stunning, this was probably the best thing shown. Tomb Raider probably comes up second.

And that's all I can remember, I probably missed out a few things
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Still have yet to watch it. But lots of Kinect, thats what I expect...
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:47 pm

It sucked. One of the worst E3's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Lykos wrote:
Ryse = Looks pretty awesome but hope they release it for regular controller play too
Gears 3 = A bit underwhelming, I hoped theyd show something that puts a spin on the gears formula
Forza 4 = Stunning, this was probably the best thing shown. Tomb Raider probably comes up second.

Yeah, you missed out the drawing. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm

i like the 360 most of the consoles this generation..but this e3 was bullshit..other than mass effect 3 and tomb raider..everything was crap in my opinion except the two halo games
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:09 pm

They showed everything i predicted.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Leonidas wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Yeah, you missed out the drawing. Razz

Omg how could I forget?! It's revolutionary, amazing graphics, amazing unique gameplay. Stunning. It's hardcore Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

Stature : 3
southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:22 pm

raspymanic wrote:
microsoft doesnt really put all its cards on the table which is a bad thing but people moaned about lack of hard core games on kinect ms brings out lots of hardcore kinect games and.........people still complain

kinect is crap <> not enough kinect games
kinect is for kids <> where are the hardcore kinect games
not enough 3rd party support <> where are all the exclusives
playstation does everything <> why does microsoft bring crap to dashboard
nintendo is dominating console sales <> why does microsoft have kinect

ect ect ect

p.s i totally agree that more non kinect exclusives are needed but the lack of these doesnt make the rest of what they showed crap it just expands the audience

but again ms really needs to pull thier finger out and make some more hardcore games

but for now im happy to get - child of eden, mw3, bf3, lara croft, mass effect 3, ghost recon, halo hd, geow3, forza 3, fable journey, star wars kinect, dance central 2 and halo 4 Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? 3128676713

Don't double post!! - TheJubJub5721
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Xbox got cloud storage if anyone cares. That's kinda useful for me cause I've got to move back and forth from my parents house and my brother's a lot.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
raspymanic

Stature : 3
southampton uk

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:51 pm

@jubjub sorry ment to edit must of hit quote :S
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Teckno wrote:
Terrible.

I agree. It sucks mega ballz
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 5:04 pm

One word....MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lol microsoft's conference wasn't as bad as you guys try to look like. Only the second part sucked.
I mean Gears 3 looked great, forza 4 looked great, ME3 kinect features were awesome, halo CE remake looked fucking awesome. And halo 4 is bigger then any game sony could ever announce. Im dissapointed with the lack of announcements tho.

I agree. Anyone that was expecting new IPs this late into the generation is fucking insane. The only new IPs that is going to come out of anyone's conference is Nintendo IPs for Nintendo's next console.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 10:38 pm

Thank God Cod will have great graphics again...

BTW mw3 looked awesome... Suck it! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:04 am

It wasn't as bad as people are trying to say it is.

Modern Warfare 3 was predictable, huge setpieces with a lot of explosion, will sell about 15 million copies and the controller battery fail was hilarious.
Tomb Raider- Definitely interesting game and looking really good so far.
Gears of War 3- Fucking amazing campaign demo on huge scales, gonna be epic.
Mass Effect 3- First glimpse of gameplay, Kinect features are cool additions that do not detract from the core game in any way.
Ghost Recon Future Solider- Seriously, I don't care about what you guys think of me, but this blew me away, the gunsmith works extremely well and it seems that someone may have figured out how to do a shooter for Kinect.
New XBOX Dashboard- Great additions that enchance Kinect.
Ryse- Phil Spencer confirmed in an interview on GTTV that this will feature both Kinect and controller so all you haters can calm the fuck down.
Star Wars Kinect- Decent, nothing mindblowing but will probably sell shitloads.

and of course

Halo Anniversary- Pure fanservice. Apart from the graphics and audio, pretty much everything else remains the same in order to maintain the nostalgia.
Halo 4- CHIEF IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mugen
Villager
Villager
Mugen

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:02 pm

disappointing is that what i taught of the conference.

- all the multiplatform they showed are amazing, but the is that their multiplat I can't give xbox some point for something i can play elsewhere.
- kinect features for those games just don't interest me.
- all those kinect games, well their simply not targeted for me, so I don't care.
- Gears3, halo, forza, from those 3 gears is the only one I care about.

so I was waiting for gears3 and after this e3, I'm waiting for gears3 and nothing else. nothing changed and that's why i'm dissapointed eye roll
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Alanski wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

I agree. Anyone that was expecting new IPs this late into the generation is fucking insane. The only new IPs that is going to come out of anyone's conference is Nintendo IPs for Nintendo's next console.
I agree with both of you, the first part was fucking awesome, it showed some badass core games and exclusives and then showed how kinect could be implemented in core titles. If MS had switched the first half of the conference with the second I don't think near as many people would be complaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?   Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Microsoft Press Conference?
Page 1 of 1