Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator

Go down 
+2
Angelus
RamboOnRedBull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator Empty
PostSubject: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 6:31 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/30/capitalism-is-killing-games-says-oddworld-creator

Quote :
According to Lanning, the games industry's salvation lies in indie developers, as they are not often restricted creatively by the risk of squandering a huge investment. "The cheaper they can make their product, the more creative opportunity they have," Lanning says. "So you can take more risks the cheaper you are."

Sounds like the same thing people say about cinema, nowadays. Gets annoying after a while.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Lanning's always been like that.  Something may be for-profit, but that doesn't mean it lacks creative vision.  He's just been remastering his old games for the past several years anyways.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Quote :
the games industry's salvation lies in indie developers

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator RXfGsiZ
Like indie developers and the community surrounds it are any better than the AAA studios
- Countless number of funded kickstarters and indiegogo projects dead in the water
- Ask for more money for whatever reason (artist, code monkey, music composers)
- Support from AAA publishers
- Tons of indie shit gets greenlight on Steam
- Pay for "early access" for games which never get updated or any news from
- Prone of feminist and SJW views
- A lot of the games look like something that would have been on Newgrounds back in early 2000

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Stalin will save it.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:45 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Stalin will save it.
Lanning is a Trotskyist you bourgeois motherfucker
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Che! Guevara! Che Che! Guevara!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:23 pm

What a fucking retard. Capitalism is doing the complete opposite, without capitalism people wouldn't even bother to make games at all. Sure it can cause games to be milked out dry for profit but that's simple supply and demand.

If he wants to prove me wrong then i dare him to give away all his profit from the games he made and only give away the next Odyssey games for free.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
What a fucking retard. Capitalism is doing the complete opposite, without capitalism people wouldn't even bother to make games at all. Sure it can cause games to be milked out dry for profit but that's simple supply and demand.

If he wants to prove me wrong then i dare him to give away all his profit from the games he made and only give away the next Odyssey games for free.
But that's not Communism
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 5:14 am

Orion wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

But that's not Communism

Communists want a moneyless and classless society with no private property. If he uses his property for profit it becomes private property and as such it's capitalist, the only way he would be consistent with his beliefs is if he freely distributed his games for free.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Orion wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

But that's not Communism

Communists want a moneyless and classless society with no private property. If he uses his property for profit it becomes private property and as such it's capitalist, the only way he would be consistent with his beliefs is if he freely distributed his games for free.
That's the pussy version, true communism is Stalinism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator   "Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Capitalism is killing Games" says Oddworld Creator
Page 1 of 1