Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.

Go down 
+3
Mecha
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. Empty
PostSubject: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm looking for some of the best and most despicable potrayals of the Joker in the comics. I found a website where I can buy comic books from, and want some suggestions.

I'd prefer it if it's violent or has dark humor on some level, but it isn't really a prerequisite.

DSP2
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Just do what Mecha does. Go look up comic panels on google image.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:38 pm

@2Sugoi2Die Oh u.

@RamboOnRedBull There are so many. Like The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, Death In The Family, and pretty much anything that has to do with The New 52's Joker.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
@2Sugoi2Die Oh u.

@RamboOnRedBull There are so many. Like The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, Death In The Family, and pretty much anything that has to do with The New 52's Joker.

Hmm. I was looking into The Killing Joke, but wasn't sure?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:42 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Give it a shot. It was written by Alan Moore, who also wrote Watchmen.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:44 pm

May as well.  DSP2

Thanks, dude! :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 5:48 pm

@RamboOnRedBull You're welcome. Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 6:17 pm

No don't listen to Mecha. If he tells you to read The Killing Joke don't read it. However, I'm telling you to read it. For violent and dark you'd probably like the New 52 stories Death of The Family and the current Endgame story. I'll be honest, I've only liked the animated interpretation of Joker from BTAS and some comics like Long Halloween or Dark Victory although Joker doesn't play as big as a role in those. But they are my two favourite Batman comics.

Best Batman comics in general

1. Long Halloween
2. Dark Victory
3. Year One
4. Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison
5. Batman Black Mirror (no Joker, but incredibly fucked up)

The Court of Owls is new reader friendly as well and pretty dark
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 6:27 pm

The Joker is WAY more violent in the comics than he is in the animated shows and films.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Seems like I'll be getting this, then:

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. ItemImage

happy
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Don't be fooled! He's going to burn them all. Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. 725796345

A lot have been mentioned already, but try Arkham Asylum.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm

The Court of Owls is fucking worthless shit. Death of the Family is pretty good for a Joker-Oriented new 52. The Killing Joke is more to add depths to his character.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

happy

lol, I'm actually planning on getting that as well. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

happy

lol, I'm actually planning on getting that as well. Razz

Let's see who gets it first I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. Challenge-Accepted
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:50 pm

If just delivery didn't take almost a week DSP2
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 am

Angelus wrote:
The Court of Owls is fucking worthless shit.  Death of the Family is pretty good for a Joker-Oriented new 52.  The Killing Joke is more to add depths to his character.
there's nothing worse than faggots who complain about comics they haven't read. Alan Moore even said it himself, Killing Joke isn't even that great, I actually feel Black Mirror and Court of Owls are much better. Killing Joke just doesn't flow well as a story nor cohesive like most Moore's works. It's overrated as fuck, you cunt.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 5:22 am

You can also watch Hannibal if you want some more Joker on screen. Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. 2505020059

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 am

Orion wrote:
Angelus wrote:
The Court of Owls is fucking worthless shit.  Death of the Family is pretty good for a Joker-Oriented new 52.  The Killing Joke is more to add depths to his character.
there's nothing worse than faggots who complain about comics they haven't read. Alan Moore even said it himself, Killing Joke isn't even that great, I actually feel Black Mirror and Court of Owls are much better. Killing Joke just doesn't flow well as a story nor cohesive like most Moore's works. It's overrated as fuck, you cunt.

"He said it isn't good so it must be true!"

Learn to form your own opinion faggot.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:46 am

It's true that Alan Moore disowned The Killing Joke. Then again, Alan Moore pretty much disowned everything he has ever written. Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. 725796345
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:55 am

What is up with Alan Moore anyways?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:02 am

@2Sugoi2Die Alan Moore is like the anti-Stan Lee. He hates superheroes and thinks his fans should grow up.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 8:51 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
What is up with Alan Moore anyways?
Don't listen to Mecha, he knows nothing.

The comic industry screwed him over, and it left him quite bitter. He hates the big 2 and their fans who buy every superhero comic just because of the characters regardless of the quality of writing.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 5:30 pm

How did he get screwed over?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Orion wrote:
Angelus wrote:

Lol. Never said Killing Joke was good. Court of Owls is complete garbage, Joker isn't even in it.

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
How did he get screwed over?

He just hates everything. They made movies, and prequel comics to Watchmen that he didn't like. Also says that comics are for 12 year-old boys, his fans are stupid, and he hasn't shaven a single time in his life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.   Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comic Book Nerds... I need some advice.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next