Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? Empty
PostSubject: 4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year?   4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:14 pm

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? PS4plus4Klogo

Quote :
With sales of 4K TVs set to balloon in 2015 and more native 4K content sources appearing week by week, the continuing inability of the PS4 and Xbox One consoles to deliver any sort of 4K action is starting to look more and more uncomfortable. So much so that video streaming giant Netflix NFLX -0.94% – arguably the most significant current supplier of native 4K UHD content – believes that new 4K-friendly versions of both consoles will be delivered this coming fall.

Netflix first started talking about this publicly at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show in January when, according to The Huffington Post, Netflix’s Chief Product Officer Neil Hunt suggested during a press conference about Netflix’s support for High Dynamic Range technology that Sony had ‘promised’ a PS4 hardware revision that would give the console 4K video capabilities.

When I contacted Netflix for more background on this statement it understandably declined to provide more detail on the reported Sony ‘promise’, stressing that clearly it isn’t in a position to speak definitively on Sony’s plans. Netflix did, though, provide more detail on the thought processes Hunt was alluding to during the CES press conference. Namely that he believes that when both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles do their traditional two-year hardware refresh (which would be due around October or November) they will add the necessary components to deliver 4K video playback.

What a great way of thanking early adopters. .-. Hopefully current PS4s and XbOnes can run it too, or it's just an accessory. Having to buy a whole other console would be pretty BS.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year?   4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:18 pm

I don't understand why we would need a new console for 4K? I mean, companies are still using Blu-ray for 4K content.
Back to top Go down

4K Netflix (and more?) Coming to PS4 and Xbox One Later This Year?
Page 1 of 1