Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script   Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script Green-lantern

Quote :
Deadpool was trapped in development hell for a number of years, in no small part thanks to his botched introduction in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. As time went on, it became one of those movies which it was hard to imagine EVER becoming a reality (regardless of how much fans wanted it to). However, when some test footage mysterously found its way online last year, Fox finally realised just how huge the demand for a Deadpool movie was, and it would get the green light and a release date shortly after. Talking to Yahoo! Movies recently, Reynolds credited that leak with making the movie happen, saying it was down to, "Exclusively the leaked test footage, 100 percent."

As for how that teaser ended up online, Reynolds claims to be as in the dark as the rest of us! "The initial [leak] came from Fox they think — someone recorded the footage on their iPhone and then released it. And then once that happened, somebody hacked into Blurred Studios and got the original footage in high-res and put it online." A likely story! Reynolds and everyone involved had no problem with the test reel being shared online, especially as the status of the movie at the time was not good. "I was excited, because you can look back at an email chain from all of us, the core group involved in Deadpool, saying 'We should leak this, f***er,' like three years ago. Saying, 'Hey, if this thing is going to stagnate, one of us should just say 'Whoops, I slipped it online by accident.' And nobody seemed to want to nut up and do that, myself included. Someone did it for us, years later, when we all completely assumed it was dead in the water."

Reynolds would miss out on leading a very different superhero franchise of course when Green Lantern flopped at the box office and received a mixed response from fans and critics alike. He's obviously hoping for better things from Deadpool, and reveals that there's one major difference with this movie that the DC Comics adaptation simply didn't have. "When we shot Green Lantern, nobody auditioning for the role of Green Lantern was given the opportunity to read the script, because the script didn’t exist. I’m not complaining about it — it was an opportunity of a lifetime, and if I were to go back and retrace my steps, I would probably do everything the exact same way. But script, that’s what’s different on this one." What do you think about these comments?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script   Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:30 pm

The script didn't exist so how was he going to read it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script   Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Wait a minute, four or five writers and there still wasn't a script?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script   Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 9:45 pm

@Mecha That's what he said.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script   Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 2:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script   Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryan Reynolds wasn't allowed to read Green Lantern script
Page 1 of 1