Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign Empty
PostSubject: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Another remake?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles was about 50 hours long if you're playing it for the first time. How come that didn't get a video?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:49 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Xenoblade Chronicles was about 50 hours long if you're playing it for the first time. How come that didn't get a video?
Because it's a good game
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:17 am

still looks shit
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:21 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
still looks shit
Yeah, it's no Kinectimals
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:58 am

Phantom Dust reboot pulled from devs over inability to meet Microsoft’s expectations – report

Quote :
Multiple sources close to Darkside Games, former developers of the Phantom Dust reboot for Xbox One, have claimed the game was pulled from the studio after it was unable to meet Microsoft’s expectations.

Speaking anonymously with Kotaku, a former employee stated issues between the two companies started after a trailer for Phantom Dust was shown at E3 2014, without the developer’s prior knowledge.
According to the source, the game was in the very early stages of development, so the team was “shocked” when Microsoft announced Phantom Dust using a pre-rendered trailer, especially when it didn’t feature assets created by Darkside.
“We didn’t even know if they were going to show it,” said the former satffer. “We were basically told, ‘Hey check out the E3 presentation.’ The whole studio’s in the living room, we have a TV going with an Xbox watching the presentation, and then all of a sudden there’s that two-minute CG trailer. And we were like, ‘That’s amazing.’
“But at the same time, they didn’t use any of our assets, they didn’t use any of our card packs, nothing. Basically what they showed had nothing to do with the game whatsoever. We had no idea that was even happening… It was like, ‘Holy crap, now fans are expecting characters to look like that, and that’s not what we’re making.’”
The studio was also under a ‘gag order’ which meant it couldn’t announce it was working on the title, and Microsoft wouldn’t tell anyone that Darkside was developing the game either.
“It was very sad,” said another source which worked on the project. “It showed a lack of confidence in us.”
Full on development of the game started two months after E3 in August, with one source stating demands from Microsoft started to increase, quickly, and finally reached a point where the studio was unable to meet expectations with the assigned $5 million budget.
“They asked for things pretty quickly,” said a source. “We kept telling them, ‘We cannot make this game for the budget you want.’ There was just no leeway. After spending $2 million, [Microsoft] said, ‘OK, let’s cut our losses.’”
Back in February, there was a rumor that Darkside Studios had shut down after Phantom Dust’s cancellation, but according to the article on Kotaku, studio owners contracted a few artists and programmers for smaller projects. So while the studio isn’t completely shuttered, all of its original staff members have been let go.
After the rumor broke of the game’s cancellation, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said Microsoft was “still committed” to Phantom Dust, but of the sources who spoke with Kotaku said they would be “shocked” if “alternate plans were in the works.”

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:55 am

Christ who cares. I wasn't interested in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign   Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom Dust is a JRPG with a 30 hour-long campaign
Page 1 of 1