Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed

Go down 
+6
BioDemon
Stigma
TheJubJub5721
Mecha
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed Empty
PostSubject: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:02 pm

http://www.lensoftruth.com/possible-wii-2-hardware-specs-revealed/

-Custom AMD 766 MHz graphics card capable of 1398 GFLOPS (Comparison: Xbox 360 and PS3 GPU are capable of about 200-300 GFLOPS). Codenamed "WOLF"

-Quad core custom clocked at 3.5 GHz 175.9 GFLOPS theoritical performance (Comparison: Xbox 360 CPU: 100+ GFLOPS; PS3 CPU: 200+ GFLOPS). Codenamed "FOX"

-512 MB XDR2 DRAM main memory with 1 GB video memory (1.5 GB RAM total) + 16 MB eDRAM (Comparison: Xbox 360: 512 MB RAM total + 10 MB eDRAM)

-Comes with a harddrive!! 250 GB/320 GB capacity.

-Custom Blu-ray disc; dual-layered 50 GB disc!

-Comes with HDMI and is 1080p capable.

NOW THAT'S MORE FUCKING LIKE IT! HELL YEA NINTENDO! Nevertheless there is no saying Sony and MS won't beat this but hey atleast this is something I expect from a next gen machine! Hope these specs are true.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Lykos is gonna like the codenames.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Must... not... turn... into... a... Nintendo... fanboy... again... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario rules! Gears of War sucks!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
Must... not... turn... into... a... Nintendo... fanboy... again... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario rules! Gears of War sucks!

LOL. I still don't like mario that much, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Not bad, not bad.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:44 pm

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed 3128676713
They got the hardware down

Hopefully they can rake in some good third party support. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not the biggest Mario, Zelda, or Mertroid fan out there.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Next gen Zelda would be awesome, sadly, this is the only Nintendo IP I really care for.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm also on the same boat. To me 3rd party support is much more important than 1st party. 3rd party titles will make up the majority of games available on all next gen platforms.

This hardware revelation won't mean that Wii 2 will necessarily get the best version of multiplatform titles but atleast it means that developers will port most 3rd party games to the Wii 2. If I had to go with a next gen format though I'd probably stick with either an Xbox or a Playstation because those platforms are bound to be significantly more powerful
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:37 am

GPU almost 4 times more powerful than both the 360/PS3, yet the CPU is weaker? Doesn't make sense.

1.5GB of RAM?

Well done Nintendo, had me worried with the rumoured 512mb that was floating around on the net.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:08 am

Stoney wrote:
GPU almost 4 times more powerful than both the 360/PS3, yet the CPU is weaker? Doesn't make sense.

1.5GB of RAM?

Well done Nintendo, had me worried with the rumoured 512mb that was floating around on the net.

The reasoning for the CPU to be lower could be to cut down manufacture in order to sell for a lower price while gaining profit....i think?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:10 am

Metroid HD "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed 409191096
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Too bad i hate all of Nintendo's franchises.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:04 pm

Reaper wrote:
Too bad i hate all of Nintendo's franchises.

Too bad you don't have good taste "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed 2505020059

:nyan:

- Brought the Emote up, took to much space. -Teckno
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:04 pm

BioRevenant wrote:
Next gen Zelda would be awesome, sadly, this is the only Nintendo IP I really care for.

Same...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Stoney wrote:

1.5GB of RAM?

The CPU they have is more powerful than the 360's but slightly less powerful than the PS3's. TBH I don't think this will be a major problem. CPU power isn't something that game developers were really lacking this generation. GPU is faster and 4 times more powerful plus they have 3 times the RAM. This is where it's going to count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed   "Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Possible" Wii 2 hardware specs revealed
Page 1 of 1