Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ant-Man - Official Trailer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ant-Man - Official Trailer R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Ant-Man - Official Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ant-Man - Official Trailer PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:23 pm

This looks great! Looks like Peyton Reed can pull this off.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Kevin Feige teases Hank Pym's many adventures as Ant-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Ant-Man - Official Trailer 2s0e9tl

Quote :
So, how about that Ant-Man trailer, huh? Talking to USA Today in a brief interview excerpt from a feature on upcoming movie, Kevin Feige talks more about what we should expect from the movie. Apparently, we will first meet Scott Lang as he leaves prison, with him having served his time for crimes which have left him estranged from his wife and daughter (4-year-old Cassie Lang). According to the Marvel Studios President, Ant-Man is "one of the most surprisingly emotional" movies yet to be released by them, and part of what brings Scott and Hank Pym together is the fact that Pym too is seeking redemption with his daughter, Hope Van Dyne. "Hank Pym invented the Ant-Man technology, went on many adventures and is now much older and trying to recruit a new person,'' says Feige. "It's the first film we've made in which the story is about a torch being passed, essentially." What do you guys think about these latest details?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Ant-Man - Official Trailer Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 2:44 am

More of the same...
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Ant-Man - Official Trailer TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 4:32 am

Like every other superhero movie, can't waitbfor the bubble to burst and we go back to world war 2 and westerns.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 5:35 am

Orion wrote:
Like every other superhero movie, can't waitbfor the bubble to burst and we go back to world war 2 and westerns.

My exact thoughts.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:26 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Orion wrote:

My exact thoughts.

Never going to happen. CBM's can usually blend into other genres other than being a generic "superhero movie".

On-Topic:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 3:06 pm

First look at Hank Pym as Ant-Man in the comic book prequel

Quote :
Next month will see the release of Ant-Man Prelude, a two-part comic book which will reveal more about Hank Pym's early adventures. The story will be set during the Cold War, but how much it will reveal about the movie and the fate of Janet Van Dyne remains to be seen. Writer Will Corona Pilgrim says, "The Cold War played a pivotal role in the post-World War II world and shaping what would become the agency we all know as S.H.I.E.L.D. but when you’re talking about a global conflict that spanned decades, there is definitely a distinction between Peggy’s Cold War era, which would have been around the time of the Truman doctrine and Hank’s, which would have been closer to when Gorbachev was leader of the Soviet Union. S.H.I.E.L.D.’s evolving position in the world during all that time plays a big part in defining Hank Pym’s role as the Ant-Man." It appears as if he's wearing the same suit as Scott Lang, so does this mean no classic 60s era costume? As always, be sure to share your thoughts and theories in the usual place.

Ant-Man - Official Trailer ANTMANPRE2015001003s
Ant-Man - Official Trailer ANTMANPRE2015001012s
Ant-Man - Official Trailer ANTMANPRE2015001019s

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:34 pm

New ANT-MAN Character Details And Concept Art Showcase 'Yellowjacket' And Ant's-Eye View
Ant-Man - Official Trailer IgKUVPZ

Quote :
In addition to new images from Ant-Man, the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly also features new concept art and character details. "[Darren Cross] was this child prodigy that Hank Pym nurtured," said Corey Stoll of his character who later becomes the Yellowjacket (pictured right). "He started to become aware of this fabled technology that can shrink people to half an inch. Now he's discovered his own version of that technology-which has a psychotic effect on people if they use it too much." It's also revealed in the magazine that Scott Lang's allies are portrayed by Clifford "T.I." Harris (Dave), Michael Peña (Luis), and David Dastmalchian (Kurt), whom he meets in prison early in the film. Though the trio are not based on characters from the comics, Harris says they all play a major role in Ant-Man. "We are the team that makes up the Ant-Man crusaders, if you will," said the rapper/actor.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=113321

Excited!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Wait a minute, we see Scott Lang shrink inside the bath tub in the trailer. Does that mean...

Ant-Man - Official Trailer 4qj0w2

:O
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:02 pm

It's concept art.  It doesn't mean much.

Anyway new stills have been released!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:47 pm

yonny616 wrote:
It's concept art.  It doesn't mean much.

Anyway new stills have been released!
Spoiler:

I said in the trailer, not the concept art. Ant-Man - Official Trailer 121042101
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Dun goofed. Razz It's still stupid to think that will happen in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 pm

@yonny616 Oh, come on. What else could he possibly be doing in the tub? eye roll Besides, just look at his body language before he shrinks...

Ant-Man - Official Trailer G41gh

Oh yeah, he's in a mission to save the world alright. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:36 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Orion wrote:

My exact thoughts.

Never going to happen. CBM's can usually blend into other genres other than being a generic "superhero movie".

On-Topic:

Errmm, what?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:47 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Orion wrote:

My exact thoughts.

On-Topic:

Errmm, what?

He's trying to say that superhero movies nowadays are mixed with other genres. Like Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Guardians of the Galaxy being a space opera, and now Ant-Man is a heist movie. So each superhero movie have their own different flavors to them.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Orion wrote:

My exact thoughts.

On-Topic:

Errmm, what?

He's trying to say that superhero movies nowadays are mixed with other genres. Like Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Guardians of the Galaxy being a space opera, and now Ant-Man is a heist movie. So each superhero movie have their own different flavors to them.

Ermm, that doesn't stop it from looking like a generic superhero movie. Iron Man 3 was part of the sci-fi comedy genre, but ended up being the most generic and cliché'd superhero movie I had seen in years. Ant-Man - Official Trailer 3202469658
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:02 pm

@Mecha Maybe if you would have seen the released still he seems to be fixing the suit there. For all you know he's just testing if he fixed it right.

@RamboOnRedBull What mecha said. Also no it kind of does. It adds an extra "flavor", for lack of better term, to the film. Films like The Dark Knight, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are far from being "generic superhero films". Also each genre will always have it's generic stuff, doesn't mean every film in that genre will fall prey to the same shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Iron Man 3 was actually mixed with the spy genre. Any spy movie that isn't James Bond is generic to me.

@yonny616 Maybe it will be accidental then, so he won't come off as a pervert. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:18 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Mecha Maybe if you would have seen the released still he seems to be fixing the suit there. For all you know he's just testing if he fixed it right.

@RamboOnRedBull What mecha said. Also no it kind of does. It adds an extra "flavor", for lack of better term, to the film. Films like The Dark Knight, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier are far from being "generic superhero films". Also each genre will always have it's generic stuff, doesn't mean every film in that genre will fall prey to the same shit.

No, it doesn't. The writing is what will make it unique and not the genre. 

Are you saying this isn't a generic superhero moment:

Oh, geez, he's being pursued by the police and only makes it when the police cars come into a traffic accident. That's very unique to superhero movies.

Or what about this:

Oh, geez, he gets threatened about his armor, so he takes it off to prove he's stronger. Totally unique.

Or what about this:

Oh, geez, they have only several minutes to make it before they fail their mission, so Captain America beats his way through the "bad guys" while Black Widow blows her cover as a surprise moment. So unique.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:21 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I thought you didn't watch the whole movie?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Ant-Man - Official Trailer ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Rambo's right. If you pour some watercolour on a generic superhero movie, it's still a generic superhero movie.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I thought you didn't watch the whole movie?

That was on my first-viewing on Iron Man 3. I eventually went back to it a while ago.

I can't believe how much potential they ruined for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:32 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I was talking about Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Also Iron Man doesn't have that much potential. He was known as a B-list superhero for a reason.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I was talking about Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Also Iron Man doesn't have that much potential. He was known as a B-list superhero for a reason.

I was talking about the way they portrayed Mandarin in the trailers, only to fuck it up big time in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ant-Man - Official Trailer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next