Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style Empty
PostSubject: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:00 am

Quote :

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style 2chris-nolan-batman

Christopher Nolan is credited with reigniting the more realistic, gritty style of superhero film with his Dark Knight trilogy, and though those movies were obviously incredibly successful, Matthew Vaughn feels the general public are now turning away from the darker comic book flicks in favour of a lighter approach. "People want fun and escapism at the moment," the Kingsman: The Secret Service director tells SFX. "Look at the success of Guardians of the Galaxy. I think Nolan kick-started a very dark, bleak style of superhero escapism, and I think people have had enough of it." Personally I think there is, and always will be, room for both. Batman is a character that lends himself to a darker approach, while Marvel's team of intergalactic a-holes clearly benefit from not taking themselves quite so seriously -- at the end of the day it's apples and oranges. Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days Of Future Past may not have been as gritty or bleak as Nolan's Bat-flicks, but it was far from "light-hearted", and last year that did pretty well for itself along with GOTG. Something tells me if Chris Nolan was to return for a fourth Batman movie and made it the darkest of the lot, it'd still make all of the money. Anyway, that's just my take, but do you agree with Vaughn? Sound off in the usual place.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:05 am

http://www.g7gaming.net/f6-comics-universe
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 am

@Rambo I put the thread here because it was more about the filmmakers rather than talking about a certain comic book franchise.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 am

Mecha wrote:
@Rambo I put the thread here because it was more about the filmmakers rather than talking about a certain comic book franchise.

The entire article is about the different visions of comic book movies, and how people want lighter versions than what Nolan's had. It doesn't belong here.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 am

Okay, fair enough. Move it then.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:41 pm

People aren't tired of it. If they were the last Dark Knight film wouldn't have made over a billion. People just want good, entertaining films. Be it dark and gritty or light and fun like an episode of the power rangers.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style   Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matthew Vaughn Thinks People Have "Had Enough" Of Christopher Nolan's Dark Superhero Style
Page 1 of 1