Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread

Go down 
+3
Angelus
Mecha
yonny616
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:42 pm

@yonny616 They call him The Joker in the show? I haven't seen the episode yet. Need to catch up on Gotham pretty soon. Anyway, he could very well be The Joker. Just don't reveal how he becomes The Joker and give us a reason to doubt.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:52 pm

@Mecha No, that's why I said he's more than likely The Joker. They are staying vague with it, but I wouldn't bet against it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:54 pm

@yonny616 As long as they don't officially reveal that he's The Joker, then I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:03 am

@Mecha They've been vague, but I'd bet he's Joker. Just look at what the show runner has said even though it's vague:

Quote :
I can tell you this is a long game plan and a long story that we are telling here. What I can promise you is this is not a bait-and-switch. This is not someone who is just a character who is going to disappear. This is not a red herring. It's the beginning of the story of how the Joker came to be, how the Joker was created, where he came from, who he is. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that Cameron Monaghan is the Joker. He might be. But like I say, this is a story that begins about seven or eight years before the actual Joker arrives on the scene in his fully-fledged persona. As we're telling with all of these characters, the origin story of that villain begins Monday.
http://www.eonline.com/news/625629/is-shameless-star-cameron-monaghan-really-playing-the-joker-gotham-boss-weighs-in
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 am

@yonny616 No me gusta.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:21 am

@Mecha Why? There' many origins for The Joker. The chemical bath being a popular one and as you should know by now he's immortal now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 am

@yonny616 Because it destroys any sense of mystery that The Joker has. Which is what made Heath Ledger's Joker so great. When The Joker was first introduced in the comics, he had no origin. He just came out of nowhere, just like Heath Ledger's Joker. It wasn't until many decades later until The Killing Joke came out. So The Joker has been around for so long without an origin. Hell, even Alan Moore was upset with DC when they decided to try make his Joker origins canon. Now you got idiots like John Campea who think The Joker's origins is canon.

lol, look how many people are bashing John Campea in the comment section.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 pm

@Mecha What made Leger's Joker so great was how finely written he was and how amazing the performance Ledger delivered. A lot of comic character when first introduced had no origin. Actually it was Detective Comics #168 who first gave us a Joker origin, not the Killing Joke. There's one consistency in many of Joker's origins and that's falling into a vat of chemicals as Redhood. Also who cares? It's not like this is canon to anything... at all. It's not canon to the comics, not to the DCCU, not to the DC/CW Universe, so it's going to be interesting how they develop this, possible, Joker's origin.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:31 pm

@yonny616 Wait a minute, then why does everyone say it was The Killing Joke? MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE! I'M SO CONFUSED NOW!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Wait a minute, then why does everyone say it was The Killing Joke? MY LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE! I'M SO CONFUSED NOW!
Because The Killing Joke became more popular. Also it's like a self-contained thing, while the other probably was buried under all the other Detective Comics issues.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:52 pm

@yonny616 So why do people say The Joker has no official origin again?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
Because it's always being changed by Joker. The chemical bath, Redhood, and Batman are the only consistent thing in amny Joker origins.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 1:14 pm

The one and only sexy Joker:

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 29_mensjournaljacknicholson-0107-rt4rgb
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 2:30 pm

Nah mayne. This will be the best Joker...

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
Nah mayne. This will be the best Joker...

Not enough shades. I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 6:51 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Because it's always being changed by Joker. The chemical bath, Redhood, and Batman are the only consistent thing in amny Joker origins.

I just thought of something, doesn't Joker's new origins contradict all that though? Dammit, I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I just thought of something, doesn't Joker's new origins contradict all that though? Dammit, I'm confused.
I haven't been reading New 52 Batman, but I don't think so. He could have still fallen into the vat of chemicals while being Redhood and that's what cause his skin to become as pale as it is.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:15 pm

http://www.g7gaming.net/t12503-the-joker-is-immortal-new-origin-revealed
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:41 pm

@Mecha I've seen that already.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Another great episode. Lots of fucked up shit happened. Also they hinted a lot to the Joker this episode. This show has gotten a lot better. So fucking good.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Jim, what are you doing! Don't succumb to the corruption!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:13 am

Great episode on Monday night. This show has finally found its footing, but it still needs a bit more slimming down as it's trying to deal with so many storylines.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 8:04 pm

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 B_dKlW9U0AAcQrG
Quote :
Another key character from the DC Batman universe is heading to Gotham. Chris Chalk (12 Years A Slave) has been cast as Lucius in the Fox drama series. He will appear in the penultimate episode 21 of the current first season with an option to return in Season 2.
http://deadline.com/2015/03/chris-chalk-cast-lucius-fox-gotham-1201387789/

Awwww yes! Bring on Lucius Fox!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 4:22 pm

I still can't believe the next Gotham episode is a fucking month away. I hate these damn breaks.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:04 pm

The show has finished production on season one!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/yonny616/news/?a=117341

Finally! Now there's nothing to stop up from watching the last 4 remaining episodes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread   Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official 'GOTHAM' Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next