Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destiny 2 confirmed!

Go down 
+5
RamboOnRedBull
Bluenose
Orion
Angelus
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Destiny 2 confirmed! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Destiny 2 confirmed! Empty
PostSubject: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Quote :
Activision announced in its latest financial report that Destiny has more than 9.5 million registered users and the next game in the franchise is in the works.

Activision called Destiny the “largest new franchise launch in history” and one of the 10 largest game launches “ever in the US”. The firm also reiterated Destiny players average over three hours of playtime per day.

According to Activision’s Eric Hirshberg, expansion packs beyond The Dark Below are in the works as well as the next game release – whether it will be called “Destiny 2″ is not known at present.

Regarding Destiny’s 9.5 million registered users, Hirshberg said the number wasn’t indicative of how many units were sold, as many players have more than one registered account.

“There’s a relationship to sell through, but it’s not exact as some people have more than one profile,” he said.

Hirshberg also said “purchase intent” for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was incredibly high, and while the firm wouldn’t predict how well the Day Zero edition was doing, the firm feels the game will sell really well this holiday season as more Xbox One and PS4 consoles are sold.

Blizzard announced during the call to investors that players of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft exceeded 20 million registered users life-to-date, and reiterated that over 100 new cards are coming to the game with its next expansion.

The Android tablet version will launch in December, with iOS and Android phone versions coming after.

World of Warcraft saw a quarterly increase in subscribers to 7.4 million – up 600,000 players over last quarter.

The boost in WoW subs can be attributed to the upcoming Warlord of Draenor expansion, according to Blizzard boss Mike Morhaime. The expansion is out next week on November 13.

For the quarter ended September 30, 2014, Activision Blizzard’s revenues were $753 million, as compared with $691 million year-over-year.

For Q3, revenues from digital channels represented 67% of the company’s total revenues.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Destiny 2 confirmed! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 pm

I guess it's silly to still expect Bungie to make something good. Will this one be as over-marketed and over-hyped as the original?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Destiny 2 confirmed! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:06 am

Halo 1-3 were great
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:08 am

Orion wrote:
Halo 1-3 were great

I'm not about to deny that, but they've been releasing shit for 7 years now.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Destiny 2 confirmed! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Halo Reach was alright, Destiny was shit tho.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm

I think this was already a given. Expect a Destiny 3 as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Destiny 2 confirmed! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Teckno wrote:
I think this was already a given. Expect a Destiny 3 as well.

I thought they already confirmed Destiny to be a 10-year long franchise?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 am

Your character progress will carry over to Destiny sequel

Quote :
Bungie has confirmed that your character progress in Destiny will carry over to the inevitable sequel.

Speaking to IGN in an interview, Bungie’s David “DeeJ” Dague confirmed that the developer intends for everyone’s Guardians to carry over to the next Destiny game.
“The idea is that the Guardian you have created is something you can bring along with you on that adventure. If you take a look at the way people have played other games for a long period of time, they’ve had a relationship with the same character for a very long time.”
Bungie later reaffirmed DeeJ’s comments, saying that progress will 100% carry over.
DeeJ also teased forthcoming additions to the game and the franchise, “I’ve seen new concept art, I’ve seen new exotic weapons up on people’s screens.
“It’s a lot of fun to walk around the studio, because there’s always somebody thinking about the next place you’ll go, the next enemy you’ll fight, the next thing that you’ll earn for doing those things.”
Destiny’s first content drop, The Dark Below expansion, is out this week.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Destiny 2 confirmed! 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Here's hoping there's actually a story in this game...
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Destiny 2 confirmed! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 2:40 pm

@Azazel Hope so too. That was the most disappointing thing about Destiny. That and the fact that playing it on your own was so boring.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Destiny 2 confirmed! 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:21 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Azazel Hope so too. That was the most disappointing thing about Destiny. That and the fact that playing it on your own was so boring.

Not only that but you can tell that there was so much that went into the worlds they made for it and there is the potential for amazing stories to be told in it but it was never capitalized on.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 4:53 pm

It'll probably become an annual release before too long.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:26 am

They nailed the gameplay and the soundtrack amazingly. But the MMO features and storyline where garbage.

Either bungie hires employees who are veterans in making MMO's or they let an MMO dev co-develop the game. Allow for more interaction, improve the terrible looting system and for GODS sake give us more exploration, Destiny looks like a huge massive game to explore yet you're just so limited to linear missions.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Destiny 2 confirmed! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:43 am

@Toxic Most likley thet co-developer would end up being Blizzard.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Do people even still play Destiny?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 pm

This game was the biggest let down of the current generation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Archduke wrote:
Do people even still play Destiny?

http://gamerant.com/destiny-taken-king-sales-125/

Quote :
“Destiny: The Taken King is officially the most downloaded game on day-one in PlayStation history and set a new benchmark for both total Destiny players and peak online concurrency on day-one,

A friend convinced me to buy the Taken King and get back into the game. It's actually pretty great. It got slammed originally because it wasn't that fun solo, but the game was never meant to be played solo. The other problem was most of the story was told through exposition by the Ghost voiced by Peter Dinklage. But his performance was fucking terrible and extremely boring they actually cut out all his lines and replaced him with Nolan North.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny 2 confirmed!   Destiny 2 confirmed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destiny 2 confirmed!
Page 1 of 1