Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

EVOLVE Alpha is Live

Go down 
5 posters

What are your thoughts on EVOLVE?
This is a gaming forum... I only come here to talk about movies.
EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_lcap20%EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
It looks exceptional.
EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_lcap0%EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It looks good.
EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_lcap60%EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
It looks alright.
 0% [ 0 ]
It looks boring.
EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_lcap20%EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
It looks awful.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

EVOLVE Alpha is Live ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

EVOLVE Alpha is Live Empty
PostSubject: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer or playing online, but EVOLVE does look like quite a bit of fun.  It's by the same dev team that made Left 4 Dead, and seems to be set up in a multiplayer, FPS, Monster Hunter-esque format.  You can play as one of four hunters and hunt the monster, or play as the monster and survive.  Seems like a good adaptation of the action hunting genre to a First-Person Shooter, but I'm worried it'll get repetitive quickly.  

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

EVOLVE Alpha is Live R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Doubt I'll ever play it.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
Doubt I'll ever play it.

Will you watch the movie?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:49 pm

The game does look like a ton of fun. I might check this out on PS4 at some point.

Oh and I like how you chose DSP for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

EVOLVE Alpha is Live R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Doubt I'll ever play it.

Will you watch the movie?

Movie?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Archduke wrote:
The game does look like a ton of fun. I might check this out on PS4 at some point.

I only watch DSP. And there's a funny part in the stream where some guy online just mumbles to himself for a few games.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
Archduke wrote:

I only watch DSP.  And there's a funny part in the stream where some guy online just mumbles to himself for a few games.

Yeah, same man. I've been following him since like 2010 and really only go to his channel for gameplay playthroughs. Though recently, I've been missing out on a lot of his vlogs and podcasts thanks to being busy with University life.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Looks boring as shit.

But good luck trying to play the alpha on psn lol
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 am

Third Monster Revealed

Quote :
Wraith is the stealthy assassin. She’s a space alien ninja Monster who warps around the battlefield, ripping into her enemies with her blade-claws. She can hit – then run – before you even see her coming.

Here’s how:

Warp Blast allows Wraith to travel almost instantly to a target and create an explosion wherever she lands, dealing damage to everything around her.
Her Decoy ability spawns a dangerous clone of herself that attacks targets while distracting the Hunters. With the Decoy deployed, Wraith becomes invisible and the Decoy can be used strategically to escape from combat or allow the player to re-position themselves for surprise attacks.
Abduction steals hunters away from their teammates. During an abduction attack, Wraith travels large distances, grabs the target, and returns to her original location all within the blink of an eye.
Supernova creates a large arena for Wraith to fight in. Inside the Supernova, Wraith becomes a frenzied melee beast of pure energy as her scythe-like blades cut down just about anything in their path. If Wraith leaves the Supernova area, she returns to her normal state.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 pm

Looks awesome. Wink
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:44 pm

I rented it. It's a lot of fun but has no single player and only a few game modes. It's getting shit on for all the DLC it has but all of it is cosmetic it's not even a big deal. It's a very tough sell at $60 but Amazon had it on sale for 40 and I can live with that price so I got it. 4 vs 1 is a breath of fresh air, although I see a lot of people bitching online cause they don't know how to actually hunt the monster down and kill it and just run around in circles for 20 minutes and die once the monster is max level.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Stigma wrote:
I rented it. It's a lot of fun but has no single player and only a few game modes. It's getting shit on for all the DLC it has but all of it is cosmetic it's not even a big deal. It's a very tough sell at $60 but Amazon had it on sale for 40 and I can live with that price so I got it. 4 vs 1 is a breath of fresh air, although I see a lot of people bitching online cause they don't know how to actually hunt the monster down and kill it and just run around in circles for 20 minutes and die once the monster is max level.

$60 is too much for an online-only game, IMO. :/  Amazon.ca, Walmart, and EbGames all sell it for $75 here too, which is completely ridiculous for a game with such a limited life.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Angelus wrote:
Stigma wrote:

$60 is too much for an online-only game, IMO. :/  Amazon.ca, Walmart, and EbGames all sell it for $75 here too, which is completely ridiculous for a game with such a limited life.

Yeah pretty stupid to sell an online only game for full retail value. Don't normally say this but probably should have been a free to play game. Give the first monster and first 4 hunters for free. Then sell the extra monsters for $5 and extra hunters for $2.50. Allow them to be earned just by playing enough of course. It would have extended it's life significantly. I wouldn't be surprised if the online is dead in a year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVOLVE Alpha is Live   EVOLVE Alpha is Live I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVOLVE Alpha is Live
Page 1 of 1