Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Why Anime is Important

Go down 
+5
Orion
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
yonny616
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Why Anime is Important PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Why Anime is Important Empty
PostSubject: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why Anime is Important R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Too bad the film buffs don't come to the anime section. So posting this thread is pointless. Why Anime is Important 725796345

Last edited by Mecha on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why Anime is Important StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:21 pm

What thread? Ku~
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:48 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
What thread? Ku~

Are you fucking retarded?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
What thread? Ku~

Not retarded enough to make threads in the wrong section. Also nice edit ku~.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:46 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Mecha wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
What thread? Ku~

Can you prove that I post threads in the wrong sections? eye roll

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:35 am

Mecha wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Mecha wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
What thread? Ku~

Do you really need someone to tell you why it is wrong to make a thread in the wrong section or are you trying to pull off one your whinging about the moderation to your mother?

If you want an example the one I deleted in the movies and television which you brag about posting first in this thread until you decided to edit your original post.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Mecha wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Mecha wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
What thread? Ku~

Do you really need someone to tell you why it is wrong to make a thread in the wrong section or are you trying to pull off one your whinging about the moderation to your mother?

If you want an example the one I deleted in the movies and television which you brag about posting first in this thread until you decided to edit your original post.

Well technically anime can also be either a movie or television, so no it isn't wrong at all.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:11 am

Coming from someone that wanted anime to be it own section.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why Anime is Important XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 am

For a guy who claims to be such a huge anime fan, he really only named the most mainstream and well-known anime films/series.

Mecha wrote:
Well technically anime can also be either a movie or television, so no it isn't wrong at all.
You're literally making the exact argument I made for why an anime/manga section is unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Why Anime is Important PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:28 am

Mecha wrote:

Why Anime is Important 457301478 I remember when I made this argument as to why there shouldn't be an anime section and you were all like "ANIMU ISUNT CUMIX".
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 am

Not really. Just look at all of the anime and manga topics that have been posted. We never got this many active anime and manga threads before this secion was even created. You have to be in complete denial to think so otherwise. I was the only one who saw it's actual potential. So no, I wouldn't say it's unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:15 am

Mecha wrote:
I was the only one who saw it's actual potential.
You were the senpai who noticed it.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:29 am

Oh Jack-san. I'm sorry your post got deleted (forgot to merge). If you want, I can name a couple of animes that aren't "mainstream" that you might enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:11 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Oh Jack-san. I'm sorry your post got deleted (forgot to merge). If you want, I can name a couple of animes that aren't "mainstream" that you might enjoy.
You can list them off, thanks. I just feel like for someone to proclaim they're a huge anime fan, and then do have a bunch of DBZ action figures, that's like . . . no. Shows like Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop, and Bleach are like the entry-level stuff. That's not to say they're bad, certainly I do love Cowboy Bebop, but those are things most people already know of. Same goes for Ghibli films, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Paprika, etc.

Dragon Ball Z is like the Christopher Nolan of anime. It's a good way to get into the medium, but it's far from the best of what the art form can offer (though Dragon Ball is pretty hype/10).
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Why Anime is Important TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:36 am

Ghost in The Shell and Cowboy Bebop are the shit.
I wish they would continue SKET Dance, that shit was cash.

My favourite is Lone Wolf and Cub manga though, fucking love it.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:29 am

Christopher Nolan > Dragonball Z

Also Memento and Inception are not entry level. Prestige isn't really either imho. Sure there are a ton of super artsy films that are harder to get into, but still...

The Girl who lept through Time is a decent anime movie. Nothing super spectacular and not far from mainstream though.
King of Thorns maybe if you like twists ? People seem divided about that one at times.
Sword of the Stranger if you want awesome fighting choreography.

If you want to get symbolic go End of Evangelion or MSMM: Rebellion. Those require that you watch the respective series (24 and 12 episodes [or 2 movies instead of 12 episodes]) first and while they don't feel mainstream in subject matter and execution, they are very popular and well known. If you can get over the subject matter Madoka Magica is fucking brilliant. Just accept the premise and then you will have awesome entertainment when you get to see what you can do with it. It's hard to get people to watch it, but they never seem to regret it afterwards.

Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) certainly doesn't dissappoint, though it consists of several 1 hour movie-type things.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Is Baccano! considered mainstream? Is not then I would highly recommend that show to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. Sure I watch other unknown anime, but they are hard to recommend to casual anime fans. So I can see why Chris is talking about the more mainstream anime.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:21 pm

I don't think it's mainstream. It's awesome is what it is.
I was just thinking more about shows in a movie like format than normal episode anime because of the context.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:
You can list them off, thanks. I just feel like for someone to proclaim they're a huge anime fan, and then do have a bunch of DBZ action figures, that's like . . . no. Shows like Dragon Ball Z, Cowboy Bebop, and Bleach are like the entry-level stuff. That's not to say they're bad, certainly I do love Cowboy Bebop, but those are things most people already know of. Same goes for Ghibli films, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Paprika, etc.

Dragon Ball Z is like the Christopher Nolan of anime. It's a good way to get into the medium, but it's far from the best of what the art form can offer (though Dragon Ball is pretty hype/10).

A lot of animes the guy in the video pointed out are the ones that usually left some sort of impact at the time. They become the default and essentials for trying to get someone into anime.

I drop in a couple of titles:
Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai: Resurrection
Black Lagoon (2 seasons and a OVA)
Casshern Sins
Ergo Proxy
Eden of The East (1 season and 2 movies)
Jormungand (2 seasons)
Garden of Sinners/Kara no Kyoukai (think there is about 8 movies all up)
Mardock Scramble (3 movies)
Welcome to the N.H.K.
Psycho-Pass
Redline
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 am

I love the new Ghost Rider comic because it's the closest thing I've gotten to Red Line since, well Red Line.

Also they are making a second Afro Samurai videogame, I liked the first a lot shitty camera aside.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 pm

No Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA: Brotherhood, Deadman Wonderland, or Code Geass? LAME!  :x 
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:10 pm

FMA is fucking amazing. Any other animes about armies/militarys or wars?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Orion wrote:

Code Geass, it's basically about terrorism, rebellion, and taking over the world. Plus, the main character is a badass who controls people to do his every command.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

Orion wrote:

Code Geass, it's basically about terrorism, rebellion, and taking over the world. Plus, the main character is a badass who controls people to do his every command.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Anime is Important
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next