Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity

Go down 
+5
Orion
Stigma
2Sugoi2Die
The_Biotic_God
Orc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  Empty
PostSubject: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 pm

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/assassins-creed-unity-female-characters-take-a-lot-more-work/

lol I'm glad they are sticking to their guns. Why should they have to change the protagonist and the entire storyline just because of some stuck up feminazi cunts that won't even buy the game?

They did it to Brink, they did it to GTA, they did it to Deep Down...

Cant they just shut the fuck up and not play the games if they aren't happy playing as the characters which the developers intended?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 8:48 pm

By bitches, you're referring to the liberal (usually white) males who feel the need to be pretentious about things that aren't actually issues.

Women not getting paid the same amount as men for the same job? That's a problem. Videogame avatars that don't have tits? That's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Most of them that complains don't even play video games. Even if they do, they have the hard time of understanding the concept of "If you don't like it, don't buy it".
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:25 am

Even when games do have female protagonists feminists still find something to bitch about.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 7:37 am

If you want a game with a black, female, genderfluid, fat, disabled, legahaired, otherkin character MAKE YOUR OWN FUCKING GAME. The story and direction a game takes is not up to you it's up to the developers who make the fucking games.

Besides if the female demographic of "gamers" nearly 50% then where the fuck are the girls buying Mirror's Edge? Tomb Raider? Metroid? Where where these so called female gamers when Beyond Good and Evil completely flopped in sales?

If you want developers to make games for your demographic then they need a market for it, it's called supply and demand, but i hardly see any of these armchair activists actually buying these games with female characters. Put your money where your mouth is.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:33 am

Sales is all that matters, if games with female or midget black trannies don't sell well then what's the point? They are running a business for profit not a volunteer social activism project, they need to make money and will make what sells.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:22 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
By bitches, you're referring to the liberal (usually white) males who feel the need to be pretentious about things that aren't actually issues.

Women not getting paid the same amount as men for the same job? That's a problem. Videogame avatars that don't have tits? That's not a problem.

Actually can I just point out, while I would agree that the payment thing is an issue, the figures are highly skewed.
You see, the figures don't keep in account;

*the experience of the individuals
*the actual role within the workplace

Generally speaking (it is a fact though), the majority of women in the same industries as men aren't as strong and are more likely to take the easy jobs. Therefore these jobs are simply not paid as much, not because of gender but it just so happens that women gravitate to these kinds of jobs.

And regardless, I can understand if certain businesses were up front with paying a little bit less to their female staff because employing them is simply a higher risk than a man because of pregnancy/maternal leave and so on.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  Escapi11

Goddamn it. My main source for gaming news and entertainment is turning into Kotaku lite.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 4:09 pm

That's fucking retarded. I'm done with this shit. I'm cutting all ties with any site that tries to pull this "human rights" bullshit. They aren't happy with equality. They want minority priority. Fuck extra privileges for gays, ethnic minorities and females.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:47 pm

His excuses are bollox though. What about the animations for the female characters in MP, or Aveline from the Vita game? You also have to consider the fact that during the French Revolution, one of the most (in)famous assassin's was a woman.

Don't see how they couldn't have added in one female, it'd probably boost sales in actual fact. Being able to lure guards using her sexuality/seduction, poison lipstick, KO perfume you know, kinda like a real life Poison Ivy. Although they'd probably still complain but whatever.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:04 pm

@Stoney Sshhh! Don't speak logical about female characters in a Lykos thread. Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Stoney lol that "assassin" got caught though and wasn't the most subtle person ever. But whatever.

Regardless, Ubisoft have always done things differently and never done the same charater twice. We've already had a french woman. Plus the vast majority of Assassin's Creed gamers are...surprise surprise... men.

Anyway if they have written the storyline for this game, focused on this character who is so important that in multiplayer they do not compromise and give you another character to play as- I don't see why people should expect a female character.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:13 pm

I mean I don't fundamentally understand why it is wrong to have a male-centric video game or film these days!
I never complained about all the female-centric films or games out there, I just didn't play them. I'm hardly going to say a female-marketed game is sexist because you can only play as a woman. Even Tomb Raider which is actually predominantly played by males as well, they could easily put a male skin on Lara and change the voice acting. But I don't see why they should be forced to.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Ubisoft can do whatever they want since it is their game and not yours. They didn't have to response to why there isn't a playable female.

Controversy alone will boost sales numbers (i.e MW2 & Dragon's Crown)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Ubisoft can do whatever they want since it is their game and not yours. They didn't have to response to why there isn't a playable female.

To be honest I bet they'll feel forced to implement female characters in the next games. I mean people demanded Bioware to implement homosexuality in Mass Effect, so I reckon Ubisoft will give in eventually.

To be honest i would rather Assassin's Creed got playable female characters than Grand Theft Auto. Because GTA never lets you choose characters. They give you the character or characters and you have to play as them. I don't want to play as a female protagonist in GTA. I'm content to play as one in Tomb Raider but not GTA!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 9:13 am

I'm with Lykos on this one. I mean, I'm all up for equality, but this is far from it. All this is, is people crying about the smallest details, and even IF they got their way (Mirror's Edge, example), they'd STILL cry why ANOTHER game doesn't have the same thing.  It's essentially an endless cycle of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:

To be honest I bet they'll feel forced to implement female characters in the next games. I mean people demanded Bioware to implement homosexuality in Mass Effect, so I reckon Ubisoft will give in eventually.

To be honest i would rather Assassin's Creed got playable female characters than Grand Theft Auto. Because GTA never lets you choose characters. They give you the character or characters and you have to play as them. I don't want to play as a female protagonist in GTA. I'm content to play as one in Tomb Raider but not GTA!

The biggest problem with forcing that it will only be there for the sake of it and that will be nothing more then a shallow experience that serves no real purpose nor benefit anyone. It would actually hurt the game than doing any good. No playable female character due to the story is a good enough reason why.

The worst thing an artist (if you consider games as art or not) can do is give in to those who will tell you "you should stick to painting pretty flowers".
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:20 am

^ you said it.
Hell keeping females out of Grand Theft Auto is the safest option because next thing we'd be hearing is "this is a horrible representation of females". The game is about criminals with extremely lose morals; usually womanising, always indiscriminately violent and murderous, sometimes drug-taking, usually dysfunctional and frequently unpleasant.

They want a female character like that? Really?
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 11:53 am

I'm with Lykos, Padders, and Rambo here. While I am open to having more diverse protagonists in games, they shouldn't add playable characters just for the sake of being PC or "Diverse" or giving in to public demands. While people have a right to complain and moan about this issue, but the devs also have a right to ignore them or just say that they're making the game they want to make. However, If you really want Ubisoft to listen to you, don't buy the game. It's that simple. If the game bombs, them maybe they'll change their minds in the future.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 pm

all this fucking misogyny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bitches be mad about AC: Unity    Bitches be mad about AC: Unity  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bitches be mad about AC: Unity
Page 1 of 1