Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown

Go down 
+6
yonny616
Based Sonji
Gutzahn
Orion
Archduke
Orc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  Empty
PostSubject: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Basically each game has been put by a competing game (these aren't all perfect comparisons but regardless). For each row state the game you want more and why.
X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  Ya88DD5

1. Quantum Break because it looks truly next-generation impressive-definitely not possible last gen. Plus I loved Alan Wake so I'm sure Remedy will do great things with this (though I didn't get into Max Payne). The Order had me interested at first from the setting alone but the gameplay hasn't sold me at all- plus the steampunk thing threw me off.

2. Sunset Overdrive. Always thought Uncharted was pretty overrated. It's good but nothing special to me. Anyway, Sunset looks fucking badass, over-the-top crazy and just all round entertaining. I don't even like most stuff by Insomniac. I love open world games, especially when they have character like this game. Also character customisation is a bonus.

3. Crackdown. Would say LBP if I hadn't got bored of the series already. Haven't touched my Vita version in ages. As for Crackdown, loved the first, wasn't overly keen on the second but a reboot excites me because the game formula of open world action combined with rpg-like progression is extremely satisfying. Also they delivered on more air vehicles, which is something I really hoped for!

4. Halo Master Chief Collection. I mean let's face it, The Last Of Us only came out a year ago and zombies have been over-done-even Sunset throws me off a bit with the OD'd. The Last Of Us does look great however and I'll probably play it some day but that remaster against a remaster of 4 games with 100 multiplayer maps? It's a no brainer.

5. Bloodborne...BUT I'm not a Dark Souls fan and I was interested to hear that Scalebound is by Platinum games. Plus riding a dragon? If you can have a different character and not that faggot, then Scalebound easily. If not, then probably bloodborne. Need to see more of both games however.

6. Fable Legends...HOWEVER I was disappointed by the gameplay at E3. If it has a good storyline and lets you kill off 3 of those 4 characters I'm sure I'll love it but at the moment it's just the best of a bad bunch because I never got into R&C and probably never will.

7. Forza Horizon 2. Don't even need to think about this. Drive Club looked alright by all means, maybe even good. But Forza is tried and tested, and Forza Horizon 2 looks mind-blowingly incredible.

8. D4 any day. Deadly Premonition was awesome if too repetitive with combat. This project is getting a lot more exposure and I'm liking what I'm seeing. Looks kinda like DP in concept but more streamlined. Let It Die looks too dated and weak to me. I doubt it will turn out that great. I could be wrong though.

9. Deep Down. Not even kidding. Halo 5 will probably be amazing once it's actually out but I'm tired of fanboy hyping up Halo when the trailers are so damn shit and un-exciting. The companies don't even have to bother to put in anything impressive or exciting, all they gotta do is show master chief doing anything. I mean you could show master chief just making himself a sandwich and Halo fanboy will cream themselves. Right now Deep Down seems more appealing to me. Plus I love how the company pissed off the retarded feminists.

10. Shadow of the Beast without a shadow of a doubt....but I want to see gameplay. I never played Phantom Dust but it doesn't look like my sort of game anyway. These sort of magic/force powers just don't compel me. I didn't like the dragon shouts in skyrim, so I'm not going to enjoy a game where something like that is the main focus. Good fan service for the guys that actually enjoyed the original game though.

11. GRIM FANDANGO FOR SURE...but I'm getting it on Vita....not PS4....so really Gears of War is the one for me here by default.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 pm

My Picks:

1. The Order: 1886
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Sunset Overdrive looks awesome though)
3. BOTH! X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  2505020059
4. Halo: Master Chief Collection, because I've already play The Last of Us on PS3.
5. Bloodborne
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Neither, I hate most car sims/racing games
8. Let it Die
9. Halo 5: Guardians
10. Shadow of the Beast
11. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................Grim Fandango?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:28 am

1. Neither, I want to play a game, not watch tv or a movie
2. Sunset Overdrive - Uncharted 2 was great but by the end of 3 I felt the series was done, also very samey
3. Littlebigplanet 3 - Crackdown is shit
4. Halo Master Chief Collection - Any and all of the Halo games are better than TLOU
5. Scalebound, because Platinum
6. Ratchet - A remake of the first Ratchet with updated gameplay sounds awesome, Fable looks like shit
7. Criterion's next game
8. D4 - Deadly Premonition was great
9. Halo 5 - Never heard of the other game
10.  don't know anything about them
11. Grim Fandago because Gears is shit and always has been
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:45 am

1. Really hard one, while I was looking forward to The Order it became a flood of bad news during the last weeks. I know close to nothing about Quantum though. Only one small trailer that didn't tell me much. Soooo.... I don't know.

2. Uncharted. Naughty Dog was my favorite developer last gen, let's see if they continue their streak of awesome games.

3. Little Big Planet. Played both Ps3 LBPs and liked them a lot.

4. The Last of Us. I definitly want to see this in 1080p, someone here has intel if it will be 60 fps ? Plsplspls.

5. Bloodborne, I am too big a Soul's game fan to overlook this. The Souls games are my favorite or second favorite franchise.

6. Ratchet and Clank, seeing as I never finished a Fable game but 2 Ratchet and Clank games. Combat in Fable isn't really satisfying to me.

7. Driveclub, because I can't drive more simulation heavy racers. I suck super hard at them.

8. I had to look up D4 for this... holy shit this looks kinda insane xD. Don't know, probably D4.

9. Deep Down, I really look forward to this. It looks like it it could either suck, or be full of super awesome dungeon crawling to the max. I hope it captures the feel I had when watching the trailer and gameplay videos over a large amount of time. The combat looks cool,
Now that I think about it again I get kinda hyped for this. This could be so awesome, pls don't end up being a dissappointment Sad.

10. I don't know either game.

11. Gears of War. Though I am not really interested in either of them.

ps. I hope they didn't trick us too much with graphics and framerate in the trailers and early game versions Deep Down. Pls don't be another Watch_Dogs, I have high hopes for you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 7:34 am

1. Quantum Break
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. Crackdown
4. Last of Us but ONLY because i already own all halo games, objectively Master Chief collection looks like the better deal.
5. Bloodborne
6. Fable Legends
7. Neither
8. D4
9. Deep Down
10. Shadow of the Beast
11. Grim Fandango
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:23 pm

I like how finally people are interested in Grim Fandango. Y'all ignored me when I praised that shit half a decade ago.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm

I don't like the way this is set up (no offense, Lykos). Doing a H2H is kind of dumb. Instead, I'll just list the games I'm interested in from both sides.

PS4
- The Order: 1886 (Mild)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 (Heavy)
- Uncharted 4 (Heavy)
- Bloodborne (Heavy)
- No Man's Sky (HEAVY, WHY IS THIS MISSING?!)
- Ratchet remake (Mild)
- The Last of Us (Mild, already beat it)

XB1
- Sunset Overdrive (Mild)
- MC Collection (Heavy)
- Halo 5 (Heavy)
- Quantum Break (Mild)
- Phantom Dust (Mild)

Am I the only one that was shocked about Quantic Dream not appearing?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:06 am

>ur dumb
>no offense

k bye

In all seriousness though I like head to head because you have to make a sacrifice. Would you be willing to give up a first party exclusive for that xbox one game? Makes you question your inner fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:42 am

^^

Yeah but you're not comparing the games that are "as big" to each other, i.e Uncharted 4 with Halo 5
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Who said anything about us being interested in Grim Fandango? You said pick one and they pick the better game than that shitty gears of war series.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
^^

Yeah but you're not comparing the games that are "as big" to each other, i.e Uncharted 4 with Halo 5

Halo 3: over 11 million
Uncharted 3: about 6 million

"as big as each other"
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
^^

"as big as each other"

It's still "as big as each other."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
^^

"as big as each other"

You acting dumb, man? Clearly I meant for the respective companies.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Based Sonji wrote:
^^

"as big as each other"

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  Double_facepalm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:06 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
>ur dumb
>no offense

k bye

In all seriousness though I like head to head because you have to make a sacrifice. Would you be willing to give up a first party exclusive for that xbox one game? Makes you question your inner fanboy.

Except barely any of these make any sense. Little Big Planet 3 and Crackdown 3? What? Why not Project Spark?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 am

^

No PC multiplats. Although it's Microsoft, it's Windows. Only Xbox exclusives and Playstation exclusives.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 6:36 pm

These comparisons don't work because for most of them I want either both or neither.

It works better when you compare the same genres.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 pm

^ that's almost impossible
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 2:10 am

01. The Order: 1886
02. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (hopefully that's a reference to Chloe's ass)
03. LittleBigPlanet 3
04. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (wouldn't mind replaying them, plus I still haven't played Halo 4)
05. Scalebound
06. Ratchet & Clank
07. Forza Horizon 2
08. D4
09. Halo 5: Guardians
10. Phantom Dust
11. Grim Fandango

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
So you're saying you're not up to the challenge then. Is that it?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:54 am

ChadWardenBallinStationQuad
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
01. The Order: 1886
02. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (hopefully that's a reference to Chloe's ass)
03. LittleBigPlanet 3
04. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (wouldn't mind replaying them, plus I still haven't played Halo 4)
05. Scalebound
06. Ratchet & Clank
07. Forza Horizon 2
08. D4
09. Halo 5: Guardians
10. Phantom Dust
11. Grim Fandango

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
So you're saying you're not up to the challenge then. Is that it?

lol liked for your reference to Clhoe's ass.

And no I'm not up to the challenge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown    X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X1 vs PS4 Exclusive Rundown
Page 1 of 1