Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well

Go down 
+4
Orc
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well Empty
PostSubject: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm

http://n4g.com/news/1510969/two-days-in-kinect-less-xbox-one-pre-orders-arent-exactly-selling-like-hotcakes-at-major-retailers

Quote :
The Xbox One option without Kinect has been made available for pre-order exactly two days ago. Is it going like the proverbial hotcakes? Not exactly, at least not on Amazon and GameStop in North America and Europe.

On the North american branch of Amazon the new camera-less console is currently ranked 103rd, actually beaten by the option with Kinect (89th) and the Titanfall bundle (33rd).
Things are going a bit better in Canada (where the new bundle is actually cheaper than a PS4). The kinect-less box is currently in 48th place, but it’s still way behind the Titanfall bundle in 13th position.
The situation gets dire in the UK, where the Xbox One without Kinect is ranked 2,489th, abundantly beaten by the Titanfall bundle (58th) and the standard edition with Kinect (128th).
In Germany things aren’t much better, with the One without the camera ranked 615th, left in the dust by the Titanfall bundle (93rd), the FIFA 14 bundle (195th) and even the standard edition (565th).
Moving on to GameStop, things get better again in the US, even if the performance is far from stellar, with the console ranked 49th. At least here it’s the best performing between its peers.
On EBGames Canada (the local branch of GameStop) I just got tired of scrolling down after 5 minutes, so I had to narrow it down to Xbox One products only, where the Kinect-less console is ranked 58th, beaten soundly by the version with the camera.
On GameStop UK the situation was very similar, and again I had to narrow the search down to Xbox One products to have any hope of finding the new option before getting too old to be able to operate the mouse wheel. In fact it was ranked dead last between the Xbox One producs.
On GameStop Italy things weren’t as dire (barely), with the Kinect-less console ranked 82nd between Xbox One products only. Again, I had to give up scrolling down to it in the general ranking.
On the other branches of the two retailers the option wasn’t available yet.
While it’s doubtless that the new Kinect-less Xbox One will help driving sales of the console to some extent, as more options are always a good thing commercially, customers don’t seem to be exactly assaulting the barricades in order to pre-order one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Poor Microsoft. Even after trying to win the fans over, they still can't catch a break.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Well it just came out 2 days ago, i'd figure not many people are aware of it yet. That said Microsoft kinda deserves it for not doing this earlier.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:04 pm

The titanfall bundle is a better deal..
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:35 pm

What Toxic said. 

Also, I think most people are waiting for E3 to decide which to go with.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:37 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
What Toxic said. 

Or maybe people just prefer the PS4.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
What Toxic said. 

Or maybe people just prefer the PS4.

They might. They might not. 

A lot of people aren't interested in neither, at the moment, and seeing as most buyers for new systems are hardcore gamers, I'm certain most are waiting for E3 to see which system has the best future line-up of games.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Yeah in this country you get a far better deal if you get Titanfall and Kinect with it. Same price but those two as well. So I doubt kinectless it's getting any sales here lol
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Didn't see much advertisement of it so that could be the factor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Guys, guys
What if
Guys
Listen
Guys this
Just listen guys
What if
We make a kinectless titanfall bundle
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Guys, guys
What if
Guys
Listen
Guys this
Just listen guys
What if

:O
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Guys, guys
What if
Guys
Listen
Guys this
Just listen guys
What if

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDfc9LP67sLoUI5eLcRHXvx_kTTl9VDCicOfvvCrCT2Kq0tnscjA
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 9:39 pm

When the 400$ option comes out, what do you guys think retailers will do with the surplus of 500$ systems?

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:49 am

Most likely to try to get rid of them asap to make room for the kinectless model.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 11:39 am

R.I.P Kinect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:15 pm

I don't think Kinect will be dead.

The way MS is advertising it, this 400 dollar SKU is more like the HDD-less Xbox 360 arcade model.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well   Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinect-less Xbox One Not Selling Suprisingly Well
Page 1 of 1