Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review

Go down 
+5
Archduke
Mecha
Angelus
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review Empty
PostSubject: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:25 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/infamous-second-son-review

Quote :
THE VERDICT

Open-world superhero action games are about freedom and empowerment, and in these regards, Second Son is really impressive. Seattle is a big, beautiful playground for you to stomp around in with a set of devilishly fun and powerful toys at your disposal. It plays great, and it looks even better, but its advancements also beg it to be held to a higher standard, one that its overall story and morality systems struggle to reach.

8.7 - Great.

Meanwhile:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/infamous-second-son 

82 Metascore
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Disappointing, PS4 still has no killer app. Nor does XBOX ONE.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:24 pm

SONY didn't give reviewers enough money.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Metascores are so overrated, Seriously

8.7 is a great score for a game. I have no doubt that this game will be and is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

The thing that bothers me is that IF2 and Second Son are tremendously better than the original Infamous yet it got a higher score.

However, the InFAMOUS series has always been in the 80's range on metacritic so fans of the series still know they will love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Sounds about right. Will get this game once I get the money.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:13 pm

Thank god the PS4 is finally getting a huge exclusive game coming out. I feel bad for the PS4 owners who bought the system at launch, and have been playing nothing but launch and indie games. Not that there is anything wrong with that, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:38 pm

Thank You SP.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 12:52 am

Based Sony
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 am

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:30 pm

About 3-4 hours in, a tad bit repetitive, but the multiple powers help with that, gorgeous looking game, the character models and lighting are ASTOUNDING! When you get the neon powers, WOW, fricking amazing.

So far it's an 8/10 game from me.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:33 pm

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review BkLFOIJIEAIif3H

Took this screenshot last night. You really need to see it with your own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:13 pm

It doesn't really look next gen
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Stoney wrote:
InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review BkLFOIJIEAIif3H

Took this screenshot last night. You really need to see it with your own eyes.

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 409191096 InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 409191096 InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 409191096 InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 409191096 InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 409191096 InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 409191096
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:57 pm

I set up a Facebook & Twitter account just to spam videos and pictures. Someone tell me if they can view this video, signed in to their account and not signed in. Please.  Razz 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1380813248865783&set=vb.100008113627590&type=2&theater

The video won't embed thus I have to post the link.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 3:11 pm

Can see.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 4:05 pm

So what's the score now Stoney? Razz
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Whoop! Just completed that bitch on expert.  InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review 2505020059 Went the goody two shoes route, I always do first, but man, really enjoyable, repetitive side missions, they're basically all the same in each district of the city, I only did them to get blast shards (upgrade thingys) and to open up fast travel, but all four powers are awesome to play around with, particularly neon (I won't spoil the other two).

Also, the Paper Trail DLC is fantastic, on part 3 now, it's basically an investigatory side mission, so far three parts are out, releasing every week, were you play in-game, duh, and play on your laptop/computer etc, you have to decipher the clues you find, they even have fake websites you visit (when I say fake websites, example, you could find a business card in a wallet, and on that wallet in small print might be website) It's really fucking cool. And hard as fuck, figuring out some the clues that is!

8 out of 10 from me.

Also;

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review BkvY3fpIcAA3ADu

Real life "superhero" Phoenix Jones! Nice little touch from Sucker Punch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review Phoenix11-4eaf9a6ad2a644bdf7274e1dc15dde26b0a75516-s6-c10
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 8:46 am

lol I love those little touches Sucker Punch adds. I remember the movie theater in InFAMOUS 2 with the funny gaming titles of recent.

Can't wait to get this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review   InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InFAMOUS: Second Son - Review
Page 1 of 1