Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review

Go down 
+6
Mikenuge
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Orion
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review Empty
PostSubject: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 am

http://n4g.com/news/1475711/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-review-examiner

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review 1475711_1

Quote :
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a scam. This is not a real game but a glorified demo which Konami and its subsidiary Kojima Productions is forcing its rabid fan base to pay $29.99 for. 

- 1/5

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:17 am

I'll just wait for the full game.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:43 am

Not surprised
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:29 am

Meh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 pm

I agree. Seriously fuck Kojīma.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:26 am

u guis dn evn knw.

Yes, its a demo, but you don't understand the purpose of it. You guys just dont understand how kojima works, and the ruses he likes to pull off.

Ill admit that i dont know what kojima is up to, but i know hes up to something. everything has a reason. just like when kojima put out the tanker demo for MGS2.

One of the theories behind GZ is that GZ is actually a patriot propaganda movie.

pic related: GZ movie poster in TPP trailer.
MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review Phantom-Pain-Rumor-1

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review Phantom-Pain-Rumor-2

GZ could just be to trick us with Kiefer Sutherland, and game play mechanics (like tagging enemies and slow mo shit), and then snapping us back to the "real" MGS and the real snake played by Hayter.

So pls no bully kojima until all is said and done

thank you.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 2:22 am

It's not a patriot propaganda video
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:28 am

If anyone doesn't know GT5 Prologue shares the same concept, it exists to confuse the fuck out of everyone. What Anal said, it's a demo & not worth your money.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review Gran_Turismo_5_Prologue

MGS5 - Phantom Pain doesn't come out until alter this year.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 11:42 am

MGS fans, just admit it sucks. MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Yes, but was it fun? I think the length is certainly a problem but it seems to me like this reviewer is basing his score more on moral outrage and less on the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Yes, but was it fun? I think the length is certainly a problem but it seems to me like this reviewer is basing his score more on moral outrage and less on the game itself.

Does it matter? If the game can be beat in 25 minutes on your first try and no multiplayer then it doesn't fucking even deserve a 1/10 in my books

Shouldn't even count as a game
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Orion wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Does it matter? If the game can be beat in 25 minutes on your first try and no multiplayer then it doesn't fucking even deserve a 1/10 in my books

It isn't, it's a demo. F2P games have more length.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Orion wrote:
It's not a patriot propaganda video

you dont know shit about anything orion. go fuck your goat or something.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Orion wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

I think it does. There are plenty of games that I've enjoyed but have regretted buying. If I enjoyed Ground Zeroes, I would give it a good score but with the caveat that it's not worth a purchase at its current price point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 am

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Getting 100% completion would take much longer than just doing the main mission.

Even so, 90% of the content is just Kojima plugs, and it's about as short as your typical $5 DLC.

However, I can see the value in it, if it's considered as a short movie with some playable content, and you hold the superb graphics and framerate in mind.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Bought it, yeah, I said I wasn't going to due to the whole David Hayter fiasco, but I'm a weak ass bitch and I folded. It's fucking awesome. The gameplay is MGS 2.0. An evolution. Finished the main mission in 2hrs 57mins and with that you unlocked more missions, same base, different objectives (i.e assassinate two specific guards, extract a certain PoW) but really, really fun.

As soon I finished it I wanted to do it straight again because I wanted to explore a bit more, find the XOF patches and cassette tapes etc.

Graphics look great ..... during the night. Day time is another story, ugly textures are exposed because, well, it's bright out, and they haven't got the rain effects of the night time covering them up. Also bad pop in. The character model for Snake is beautiful as is the lighting.

Well worth the €25 I paid for it.

Oh, and besides a couple of lines from Kiefer Sutherland were he sounds all nasally, or like himself, he does "gruff" his voice up a bit and does a good job. I wanted to hate him but I can't.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:23 pm

I finished the main campaign in about 40 minutes, and didn't think it was anything special.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review   MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Review
Page 1 of 1