Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 9 to be announced in April?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Windows 9 to be announced in April? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Windows 9 to be announced in April? Empty
PostSubject: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Windows 9 to be announced in April? Window10

Quote :
Good news for those who loathe Windows 8: Microsoft is rumored to be making an announcement regarding Windows 9 during BUILD 2014 in April.

According to SuperSite for Windows, which specializes in posting everything public and secret regarding Microsoft products, the Windows-maker plans on releasing the new operating system in April 2015.

Currently being worked on under the moniker “Threshold”, the pre-alpha build of the OS will be made available to developers after BUILD 2014, and will consist of three milestone releases before it’s sent to manufacturing.

“Threshold” is also believed to be an update to Windows 8 following “Blue”, which would bring together Windows PC, Windows Phone and Xbox One operating systems.

We’ll know for sure come April, I reckon.

Thanks, Neowin.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm pretty sure they will just be stubborn and still work of the Windows 8 layout when making Windows 9.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:17 am

why

>inb4 CLOUD BASED OS

POWER OF THE CLOUD.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Teckno wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will just be stubborn and still work of the Windows 8 layout when making Windows 9.

Windows 8 is a more stable version of Windows 7 but with Live Tiles instead of a cluttered start menu.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:53 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Windows 8 is a more stable version of Windows 7 but with Live Tiles instead of a cluttered start menu.

You mean cluttered Live Tiles instead of an organized Start Menu.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

You mean cluttered Live Tiles instead of an organized Start Menu.

Riiiight, because people still search through "All Programs" folders. 

The only useful feature the start menu had was the search bar, which you can just as easily do with the Windows 8 by typing on the start screen. 

Don't get me wrong, MS has a history of fucking up with some of their Windows releases (Vista comes to mind), but I was honestly surprised to see the reception Windows 8 got. It performs much faster than any previous Windows and yet has no compatibility issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 9 to be announced in April?   Windows 9 to be announced in April? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 9 to be announced in April?
Page 1 of 1