Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new style of music from me

Go down 
+3
Jack the Spectre
Orc
Pizzy3C
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

new style of music from me Empty
PostSubject: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:13 am

This is my second attempt at a hip hop beat, 1st 1 went the route of a Linkin Park type song as requested by that rapper... :/ I still like it tho I love you Anyway let me know what ya think of this 1...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:27 am

Although this kind of music never really appeals to me, you did a great job man.
But from now on stick to Avenged Sevenfold Razz
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:31 am

haha... There's money in making beats for people; too much self promotion in tryna get my band recognized... I leave that up to my singer, he's a guy you love to be around + sells the demo very well...

I'll put up my latest instrumental from my band... And by from my band I mean me playing guitar and bass w/ a drum machine playing my ex drummers part :/ lol...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:18 am

Nice man you got talent. new style of music from me 3128676713
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:53 am

thanx you :)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

new style of music from me XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:59 am

A bit simplistic, but not bad.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:06 am

it's a rap beat... new style of music from me 725796345

4real I tried to add more instruments but they kept takin away from the ambiance of the song... Which is dark and trippy imo... The "hook" has 3 lead instruments goin, all do different things other than that, bass and drums...

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:55 am

If you want a sample of complex hip-hop beats, check out The Roots.

Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:35 pm

TRF wrote:
If you want a sample of complex hip-hop beats, check out The Roots.

Nothing in that was complex... Everyone instrument played the same thing on a loop... I imagine you were talkn bout the drums though, which are cool, but not complex...

No hate, I love the Roots...

I take ur comment as a challenge sir new style of music from me 21888
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:36 pm

It may be on loops, but my point is that there's a lot going on in the background.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:00 pm

a bass, drum, piano and voice... There's really nothing in the background...

Which is fine, I like everything about that song I just have to prove you wrong and educate your ears Razz
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Great stuff! I really enjoyed it. You got some major talent.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
a bass, drum, piano and voice... There's really nothing in the background...

Which is fine, I like everything about that song I just have to prove you wrong and educate your ears Razz
Ugh, when I say "in the background," I mean other than vocals. There's a lot more going on compared to most hip-hop songs, which is why I said "complex hip-hop beats," not "complex beats."
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Pizzy3C: Synyster Gaytes or Kanye Awesome West?
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:15 am

Thnx Jub <3

@TRF i get ya... You know I don't listen to much hip hop so I really don't know what complex is in that genre...

@Sonji I'm not big into Kanye lol... And you know I loves Synyster...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:29 am

Pizzy3C wrote:

Nothing in that was complex... Everyone instrument played the same thing on a loop... I imagine you were talkn bout the drums though, which are cool, but not complex...

No hate, I love the Roots...

I take ur comment as a challenge sir new style of music from me 21888

^ lol this.
I find that with pretty much 99% of hip hop type music. Fans praise and say how technical or amazing or impressive it is or even how much talent the musicians have but it's usually a simple beat and melody or two played over and over.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:34 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
@TRF i get ya... You know I don't listen to much hip hop so I really don't know what complex is in that genre...
Well, compare it to something like this:

It's difficult not to make a looped beat in a hip-hop song because you've got a certain flow to keep when rapping.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:40 am

TRF wrote:
Pizzy3C wrote:
Well, compare it to something like this:

It's difficult not to make a looped beat in a hip-hop song because you've got a certain flow to keep when rapping.

I'd just like to see more hip hop changing the song, instead of adding instruments to make the chorus bigger than the verse... Give us a couple lead riffs/melodies u know... Change the bass line when the chorus hits... You don't have to change the tempo/rhythm, keep the music in the same key and do different things with it...

Have you ever tried to program a drum machine? Shit's easier than it looks... That's why I kept giving the stuff Zillah was putting up low scores when I'd rate his fav. music... A beat and bass, none of em played by hand, looped after 8 bars, all programmed= 30 minutes of work... 29 minutes writing 1 minute copy and pasting...

Which is why the Roots> every rapper/rap group ever...

Don't think I'm pickin on hip hop here, I don't even listen to "Modern Day Rock 'n Roll" because there's absolutely no individuality in that genre...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm

The Roots are among the best because of their natural sound due to them actually playing instruments. Quest Love is probably my favorite drummer of all time.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Bro, you're sick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:56 pm

^Thx homie...

@TRF ya he is... I judge drummers by beats and "original" drum fills... In my mind it's the drummer's job to get the body's movin', or get the heads bangin' and make people react to the song...
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:05 pm

u should make a house beat
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:00 am

give me an example and i'll try to pull it off...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:47 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
give me an example and i'll try to pull it off...

Deadmau5 is probably one of the biggest house artists around now.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:39 pm

I'll get on it next... I'm remixing Black and Yellow... Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new style of music from me   new style of music from me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new style of music from me
Page 1 of 1