Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:21 am

It would have dramatically reduced the size and price of the console, but at the cost of losing any customer who doesn't have decent internet.

They should have made two different SKUs. The current one with the Blu-Ray Drive and a cheaper one with (at least) 1 TB HDD for people who buy most of their stuff digitally anyway.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:00 am

I could only imagine downloading 50GB games.  Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive 2590470549 I have pretty good internet, but fuck that.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 pm

500$ wasn't a crazy price in terms of console price history. It's just the PS4 makes it look like a crazy price. It's better they did it this way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Teckno wrote:
500$ wasn't a crazy price in terms of console price history. It's just the PS4 makes it look like a crazy price. It's better they did it this way.
500 dollars is pretty expensive. Hell even the PS4's price is hard to swallow. 

When you get to the 199-299 price range the perceived value increases dramatically. Personally I would have argued taking out Kinect before I took out the BR Drive but I can understand why Microsoft thought about making cuts to be more competitive.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:52 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

When you get to the 199-299 price range the perceived value increases dramatically. Personally I would have argued taking out Kinect before I took out the BR Drive but I can understand why Microsoft thought about making cuts to be more competitive.

It is expensive don't get me wrong. I just mean in light of past console price starting points, it's not a radical outlier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:

It is expensive don't get me wrong. I just mean in light of past console price starting points, it's not a radical outlier.
True, that's probably why they stuck with the price point. It ain't selling bad either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive   Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft almost removed Xbox One's disc drive
Page 1 of 1