Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? Empty
PostSubject: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:51 am

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? 1717572-marvel_vs__capcom_3_fate_of_two_worlds
Quote :
It is being reported by various gaming sites such as VG24/7, NeoGaf, and even by a Capcom employee on Capcom-Unity.com that both Ulitmate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2, along with the downloadable Content (DLC), are being pulled from the PlayStation Network (PSN) and Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) stores starting this week. There's currently a 50% discount sale on the PSN store for the DLC, one hasn't been announced for XBLA but stay tuned for details. If you already purchased the DLC and game digitally, then you won't be affected by this.

The last day the DLC will be available for purchase are:
- December 17, 2013 for PSN North America.
- December 19, 2013 for PSN Europe.
- December 26 for XBLA globaly.
ComicBookMovie.com
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:23 am

Not sure if good news or bad news?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:23 am

@Mecha Well the rights don't work like movie rights, but it does get us a step closer to DC vs Marvel since WB did the lego game.  Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? 3128676713 
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:57 am

I don't want a DC vs. Marvel game. Rather have Kingdom Hearts with Marvel characters in it.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:55 am

Mecha wrote:
I don't want a DC vs. Marvel game. Rather have Kingdom Hearts with Marvel characters in it.

That would be terrible, the only thing that may work would be an Asgard level with Thor and friends or visiting Attilan
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 pm

Would cool to see a Savage Land level in Kingdom Hearts III though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 1:18 pm

@Mecha They can use the characters can't they? It's not like their "exclusive rights' since Activision has the game rights of Spider-Man and Capcom still used Spidey. I think it goes by genre instead. Like Capcom had the fighting genre rights to spidey and Activision has the solo action adventure rights.

Y U NO SIMPLE LIKE MOVIES, VIDEO GAMES?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:09 pm

I wish the same happen to the movies. That way, we can see Spidey and Wolverine in The Avengers, yet still get solo movies from Sony and Fox.

Also who the hell owns the rights to Savage Land?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm going to assume Fox since its first appearance was on X-Men and a lot of X-Men arcs are based there.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:13 pm

I don't think Savage Land can work in the current X-Men films. It's way too out there. People who don't read comics will probably be WTF!? I dunno? I don't know everything about Savage Land. All I know is it appears in some of the comics I read.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:24 pm

You asked who owned the rights to savage land. I never said they'd ever be on film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I know. But it does make me wonder if we'll ever see it on film. And if so, which franchise?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Like I said, more likely it'll be used by the X-Men since most of the arcs based there are X-Men arcs and not to mention it first appeared in an X-Men issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?   Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is CAPCOM Losing MARVEL Licensing Rights?
Page 1 of 1