Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse

Go down 
+10
Angelus
yonny616
Jack the Spectre
Bluenose
Chobo
The_Biotic_God
Mr Canai Spy
Archduke
Orion
Mecha
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  Empty
PostSubject: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:43 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:48 pm

its ogre.

RIP pewdiepie

RIP DSP

fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Yes, i don't give a shit if they lose their source of income.
I would fucking love to see Pewdiepie have to stop his gaming shit, and oh god DSP's would be almost as funny as pewds!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Damn, AngryJoe is angry. LOL

Also, Archfag's opinion on this.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Sorry angry Joe that video will be flagged you're using superman logos and clearly a ps4 in the back, those are copyright my friend
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:26 pm

Orion wrote:
Yes, i don't give a shit if they lose their source of income.
I would fucking love to see Pewdiepie have to stop his gaming shit, and oh god DSP's would be almost as funny as pewds!

You're citing one shitty youtuber but most of them are cool and they're getting screwed over.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:39 pm

While it is sad to see him leave the site, he is doing the right thing. This is the only way to get YouTube's attention and get them to start getting their shit together. Big name you-tubers need to leave the site and go somewhere else. There are plenty of great alternatives to YouTube like DailyMotion, Viemo, and Blip. The more people leave and stop uploading, YouTube will loose money, and then they will have to start listening to us if they want to survive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:26 pm

This seems like a prime opportunity for another video hosting site to capitalize on.

its not like content creators are doing anything illegal. YouTube is just catering to the "requests" of corporations.

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 17 U.S.C. § 106 and 17 U.S.C. § 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
       the nature of the copyrighted work;
       the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
       the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Fucking corporations. If anything youtubers are giving them sales.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:34 pm

In the AngryJoeShow video, you really get the feeling that he's scared about the future if he can't make money doing his videos. I don't even make gaming videos on YouTube anymore and even I feel annoyed about this.

Teckno wrote:
Fucking corporations. If anything youtubers are giving them sales.
Absolutely. Websites earn revenue from people visiting them and without people uploading videos, there really wouldn't be much of a good reason to visit YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:36 pm

angry Joe does actually put a lot of effort into his videos. even if they're not my taste, i still feel bad for the guy.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Shigdig wrote:
angry Joe does actually put a lot of effort into his videos. even if they're not my taste, i still feel bad for the guy.
Yup. I typically don't watch his videos but they're really well-made from a technical standpoint.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Really sad to see AngryJoe tear up at the end of that video. He puts a lot of work into his videos/channel so it's pretty clear that it's more than a hobby for him.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 pm

It's like Harvey Dent said in The Dark Knight

Quote :
The head guys make bail, sure... but the mid-level guys, they can't.

I can pretty much gurantee the bigger YouTuber's won't be affected as much as the smaller one.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 am

It doesn't matter if they all lose their channels, it'll be worth it to see the fanboys cry. Maybe they could go out and get real.jobs now.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:35 pm

SEGA hates DSP.

Best part starts around 11:57
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Orion wrote:
It doesn't matter if they all lose their channels, it'll be worth it to see the fanboys cry. Maybe they could go out and get real.jobs now.

Wow, you really are a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Orion wrote:

Define real job.......faggot.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Orion is jealous that, at best, he's suited for cubicle work for the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:57 am

I'm mixed about it. I feel sorry for those who actually put in effort into their videos and go above and beyond to make their channel from being other typical gaming channel, those are the guys really getting screwed over. However I don't feel bad for those who put in no effort at the slightest and those who simply play games to capitalize on its current popularity (iJustine is a good example).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:06 am

ijustine, pewdiepie, etc, are already millionaires. even if YouTube shut the whole thing down tomorrow, they will never have to work another day in their life.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 6:08 am

That is none of my concern.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:31 pm

They terminated WatchMojo's YouTube!!!!  affraid  affraid  affraid 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaWd5_7JhbQBe4dknZhsHJg
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:37 pm

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:01 pm

At least they still have a website. But kinda dumb considering 90% of WatchMojo's stuff is just free advertising.

Not sure what Google's trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Copyright Apocalypse    YouTube Copyright Apocalypse  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YouTube Copyright Apocalypse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next