Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised

Go down 
+3
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised Empty
PostSubject: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 pm

So yesterday PSN forced me to change my password. I didn't think much about it at first until I read this on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/sony-warns-of-irregular-activity-on-psn-accounts

Quote :
Essentially, Sony is telling me--along with an unknown number of other PSN users--that something fishy has happened with my account. Earlier this week, massive security breaches were detected at Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Of course, it's entirely possible Sony is just taking precautions, but it doesn't appear every PSN user has faced the same mandatory password resets.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/hacked-psn-accounts-used-to-make-fraudulent-charges

Quote :
"Just last night, at about 1:10 AM, I received an email saying $50 was added to my wallet," Marcus Elyiace told IGN via email. "No more than 15 seconds later, I receive another email saying the same thing. I immediately login to my account [...] but by the time I did that, another $50 dollars was taken from my card."
I freaked out and checked my credit card accounts to make sure that there weren't any new charges and I seem to be in the clear. But there were reports of some users having unauthorized purchases on their accounts. Thought I'd post this thread for those who recently had to change their PSN password.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Good thing I cancelled my credit card.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:36 pm

That awesome moment when not having a credit card makes you the cool person in the room. :success:
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Those fucking FIFA assholes from what I heard.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 7:51 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Those fucking FIFA assholes from what I heard.
Huh? FIFA, the game?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Yeah, I made a thread about the FIFA attack.

Basically, to my understanding, they hack your account use your credit card to buy stuff in-game, and then sell it to kids for cash. I'm not sure how this works since none of the money ends up getting spent, it just sits in wallets.

They've been handling it nicely, the only person I've heard about not getting his money back was an idiot who canceled his whole credit card after being charged. But that's just from reddit.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:00 pm

No credit card here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:34 am

All I have on my account are a bunch of empty VISA gift cards so I think I'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Several PSN accounts may have been compromised   Several PSN accounts may have been compromised I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Several PSN accounts may have been compromised
Page 1 of 1