Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 3 favorite games?

Go down 
+11
Pein
Bluenose
Angelus
Orc
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
ghost23
Stigma
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Top 3 favorite games? Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:01 am

Here are mine in no specific order

Pokemon Blue
This game was amazing, I got it when I was a child and it was the first videogame I ever owned. It was really, really addictive and I remember it from start to finish; I even remember most of the NPC trainers and their pokemon. Blastoise was the mascot of the game and my personal favorite, there were no flaws, this game was unbelievable good.

Halo 3
This was the first 360 game I bought (although I got Forza 2 and Marvel: UA bundled) and the first game I played online after Halo 2. The campaign, although not as good as the previous 2 was very solid especially on co-op, but multiplayer is where this game shone. The multiplayer was PERFECT. I wasn't the best but I thought it was perfectly balanced and there were no flaws or inconsistencies with it. I loved everything about it and played it for a solid 2 years straight with only some Gears and Cod 4 on the side. I still get on Halo 3 and play a couple of matches every now and then and will do so as long as a community exists.

Persona 3 FES
This game was a FUCKING MASTERPIECE. The characters and story were amazing. The combat, although had some erratic spikes in difficulty, was sophisticated and well done. There was a lot of character development in this game. Although it's not exactly a simulator, the interacting and bonds you could form with others was amazing and original. The soundtrack was good and "unique". It was a game that I will never forget. The pinnacle of RPGs. It is just a shame that most people have never even heard about it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:44 am

1.Pokemon silver
My favorite game of all time for the same reasons stigma made with pokemon blue. Just catching all kinds of pokemon and exploring the 2 different lands trying to find lugia and ho-oh without any help of the interwebz. Loved it as a kid.

2.Halo reach
I've played through all halo's (halo ce and 2 at my cousins house) But in my opinion halo reach is the best because it feels like a full package of all halo games. Great singleplayer with spacebattles and variety of missions (although sniper mission sucked) Amazing addicting multiplayer with loadouts enchancing the gameplay, far improven firefight which is customizable, the forge i always wanted when i played halo 3.

3.legend of zelda wind waker
This is actually the first zelda i played because i had a ps1 instead of an N64 and wind waker is amazing. The puzzles, exploring and smooth controllers. I can't explain how amazing this game is but zelda is just something that will stay in your childhood.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:18 am

Assassin's Creed 2
One of my favourite games of all time, I was so hyped for this game and it exceeded all of my expectations. A phenomenal story set in one of the most richly decorated worlds that exists in any videogame to date. Fun gameplay and one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

Halo 2
All time classic. Although many will criticise the campaign, I loved a lot of the settings that Bungie took the player through during the game whether it be Earth or Forerunner artifacts. And the multiplayer was so damn addictive, probably spent hundreds of hours on it.

Mass Effect 2
This game and this franchise will change the way that developers think about trilogy's and sequels. Being able to see your world being carried through multiple games is immensely satisfying. Not to mention the greatly refined gameplay, excellent characters, universe and story.

It was coincidence that all three of my games ended up being sequels. I didn't really game a lot before this generation so my knowledge of older games is very limited.

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:25 am

1.Metal Gear Solid : Snake Eater

2.Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time

3.Metal Gear Solid
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 3 favorite games? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:57 am

3. Super Mario World
Super Mario World is the classic Mario formula with one of the most addictive soundtracks ever. It has this charm to it that draws me into it time and time again.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

What's to say about this game? The game packs a ton of content and has an amazing soundtrack. The combat is satisfying and occasionally challenging, and the Ocarina and Master Sword add some nice gameplay elements. The world of Hyrule is beautifully crafted in this game. Ocarina of Time was one of my first video games and it will always be one of my favorites.

1. Golden Sun

From a technical standpoint, this game was amazing. It was an open-world JRPG with a beautiful visual style with nice depth of field as well as a great soundtrack, all of which were stuffed into one GBA cartridge. The story wasn't amazing and the beginning does have a bit too much dialog, but the Djinn combat system is fantastic, allowing you to use creatures called Djinn to augment your party members. In addition, the puzzles are incredibly fun as well and force you to use your Psyenergy (magic) to complete them.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:45 am

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

2. Pokemon Crystal

3. Mega Man II
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Top 3 favorite games? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:04 pm

1. Super Mario Bros. 3

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:08 pm

1. Mass Effect

2. Gran Turismo 3

3. Oblivion

Last edited by Alanski on Sun May 08, 2011 12:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Sonji wrote:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Nice to see someone saying a loz game that isn't ocarina.

1. Oblivion
2. Bully
3. Can't decide Sad
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Top 3 favorite games? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:58 pm

1. Demon's Souls
    Forced me to get good. This game doesn't joke around, and it doesn't forgive any of your simple mistakes.

2. Nier
    Made me reminiscent of Drakengard. Gameplay can seem repetitive, but the storyline and musical score are brilliant.

3. Final Fantasy XII
    It may be only because it's Final Fantasy, but I really enjoy this game.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:32 pm

I no specific order:

Infamous
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor's Legend
Golden Sun
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:03 pm

1.Mass Effect 2..best story line in my opinion..the gameplay was smoother,better cast of characters with personal and detailed backgrounds,the sci-fi feel and setting is remarkable and the whole game is just a one big action movie that lasts 20-40 hours..

2.Resident Evil 4
this game is classic in my opinion..awesome story line..leon is the best protagonist in resident evil series..pretty creepy,awesome action and a great new twist to the survival horror genre that reinvented it and which other games are copying it right now (dead space)..

3.Oblivion..huge open world to explore..nuff said
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:01 pm

In no order:

Mass Effect - probably one of the most immersible and intense stories I have ever seen. Action, Romance, and Garrus. What's not to like? Razz

TESIV: Oblivion - absolutely amazing RPG, definitely one of the best open world RPG formulas ever. So much to do, I am over 70 hours in and I am not nearly done.

I cannot really think of another that really wow'ed me as much as these two but I guess I would probably say:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - easily the scariest game I have ever played. If you play in a dark room with noise cancelling surround sound headphones like I did, you will have no problem feeling as immersed as I did. Seriously, really scary.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Top 3 favorite games? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Have any of the people here who put Oblivion on their list played the other TES games? I mean, Oblivion is phenomenal, but y'all should really try Daggerfall or Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:40 pm

TRF wrote:
Have any of the people here who put Oblivion on their list played the other TES games? I mean, Oblivion is phenomenal, but y'all should really try Daggerfall or Morrowind.

I just recently started Morrowind, I have Daggerfall but have yet to try it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:00 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Garrus.

Top 3 favorite games? 409191096
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:40 pm

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

2. Super Mario 64

3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Honorable mentions go to Kingdom Hearts and Sly Cooper series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:44 am

Why's your name Duke Nukem if it isn't even in your top 5?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:52 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Why's your name Duke Nukem if it isn't even in your top 5?

I actually don't know, lol. I have never played a Duke Nukem before. I want to change my name to The Illusive Man, but Alan and Sonj are being evil and Won't accept my name change request. I hate my current, anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:56 am

1. Oblivion
2. God of War
3. Mass Effect
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Top 3 favorite games? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:46 am

Final Fantasy IX
My favourite Final Fantasy game. A game that is loved by some and hated by many. The best thing about this game that you really get to know the characters and help them get through their personal conflicts. Yes the characters were restricted to one class but it does add more depth into the combat system.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Yes it is cartoony and kiddie like graphics but this game does one thing which stands out the most. Traveling across the ocean really felt like an adventure. Plus I love the many face expressions toon link has.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
There is so much I talk about this game. Soo I'm just gonna say this is a really really REALLY good game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 favorite games?   Top 3 favorite games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 3 favorite games?
Page 1 of 1