Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture

Go down 
+3
Mecha
Angelus
The Enkindler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture Empty
PostSubject: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Quote :
According to a snapshot of a deleted forum post, the interns at a Foxconn manufacturing plant in Yantai, China have sabotaged the PS4. This was first reported on the IGN forums here. Unfortunately, the forum was locked.  The IGN forum author tried to elaborate more here. Here is a snapshot of the actual post:
Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture 20131114_124449_e650c8399febabd25cbdzEE0NNfts8bL
This manufacturing plant has made world news for its mistreatment of the staff, and Polygon did a story on it over a month ago. The intern notes that because Foxconn didn’t treat them well, they didn’t treat the PS4 well. He/she says “The ps4 console we assemble can be turned on at best.” This could explain some of the “blue light” problems. These PlayStations can turn on, but do not actually display a picture. This issue was reported on here. There is no physical evidence to indicate that the sabotage actually occured or is in any way linked to problems with a very small percentage of PS4s, but it is worth keeping an eye on.
SOURCE: CorruptedCatridge

If that's true then we may have found the cause of the defective PS4 units that were DOA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 pm

If that's true, Foxconn better review their payroll.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 am

Well at least we're getting somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 pm

I bet they're on the Micro$oft payroll.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Unappreciative peasant Chinese bastards. They should be happy we even let them touch our God technology.

We give them 2-4$ a day in a stuffy hazardous factory for this shit?  eye roll
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
I bet they're on the Micro$oft payroll.
Yup. MS payed them big $$$$$$ to do this stunt. It would result in negative publicity for the PS4, in attempts to sway people into buying the Xbox One. Any loss for Sony and the PS4, is Xbone's and MS's gain. I can see it now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:59 am

Duke are you actually being serious?

Is my sarcasm detector off this morning?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Foxconn also puts the Xbox One together.
According to the source, this was a case of very poor working conditions, and not some twisted bribe made by the demonic corporation known as Microsoft.

Inb4 the students were xbots.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture   Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture
Page 1 of 1