Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update Empty
PostSubject: Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update   Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update Cd-gra10

Quote :
Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has said the firm will add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update.

Speaking in a recent episode of Giant Bomb’s Interview Dumptruck, Yoshida said the firm never intended not to support either CD or MP3, but was surprised at the backlash received for not offering the functionality day-one.

“The biggest surprise for us all internally at Sony was there are so many people who passionately reacted to our announcement that there’s no MP3 support or CD support on day one,” he said. “It’s not like we actively decided ‘let’s not do this feature so people will have to subscribe to Music Unlimited.

“The focus has been more on the game features. Some of the features we wanted but we couldn’t get in on day one. We didn’t really think about MP3 or CD. We thought ‘we’re going to do that eventually.’… It caught us off-guard.

“People don’t really talk about these features, right? Some people get really mad and [say] ‘I’ll cancel my pre-order!’ So as we speak, people in Japan – the system guys – are discussing when we can put these features in.”

PS4 launches this Friday in North America and lands in Europe on November 29. A release window for the CD and MP3 patch was not provided.

Thanks, Eurogamer.
Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update   Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Good to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update   Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Yesh.

I guess they didn't wanna lose any time adding it in beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update   Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony to add MP3 and CD support to PlayStation 4 with a post-launch update
Page 1 of 1