Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre

Go down 
+2
RamboOnRedBull
Chobo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre Empty
PostSubject: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Super Hero movies are big money now a days. They make billions as the box-office and there doesn't seem to be any sign of them slowing down. But as of now, I am really tired of the genre. They just seem to be come out faster and faster and more and more of them being made. It's hard for me to get exited for them now a days when they've become just so over saturated. I still like the super hero genre as a whole. I love the Batman Arkham games and the DCAU is freaking awesome. I just really don't care for the movies anymore. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 pm

I stopped caring last year.

The genre is milked and oversaturated beyond acceptance at this point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:10 pm

Yet you guys bitch about Warner Bros. for not giving each member of the Justice League their own film.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:11 pm

When did I say that? Oh wait, I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:18 pm

So you wouldn't mind if Warner Bros. made a Justice League film without setting it up by giving each member a solo movie?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:19 pm

I never bitched about that, Mecha, you fucking idiot.

Grow the fuck up and start to use actual arguments or just keep your mouth shut, for once.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:25 pm

No. I don't give it shit what WB decides to do with their DC Movie verse. I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:27 pm

Yet, you made a thread about how tried you are of superhero movies. Obviously you care.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:30 pm

I'm sorry, i can't argue with someone that is illiterate. I JUST said that I don't care. I don't care means I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:05 pm

im just tired of all the fucking superhero movie threads.

have one thread for each fucking movie, faggots. you dont need to make a fucking thread every time news comes out about one movie.

shig has spoken. make it so teckno.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:09 pm

@Chobo

My apologies. That came out the wrong way. Let me start all over...

I'm also tried of superhero films as well... well sorta. I only care about the superheroes I grew up as a kid, like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. I don't eat up everything Marvel and DC throws at me. But from a business and story standpoint, it actually makes sense. Not to mention, comic books has hundreds and hundreds stories to choose from, so it's very easy to milk the superhero genre. Some of you need to understand that Hollywood is a business after all. *COUGHRAMBOCOUGH*
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:25 pm

I understand why they make them. They print money. I'm just really sick of them. It's gotten to the point where the Superhero genre is to movies as the FPS genre is to games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:27 pm

Not really. Milking superhero movies is necessary, while FPS games is just mainly for the money.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:29 pm

I could easily destroy you in that stance about Hollywood being business. Then again, I already did, and you had zero solid counterarguments to ANY of my points. Congratz. 

Also, don't try to to act like you even care about them milking this genre; If anything, you're supporting them and defending them at every chance you get. Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh what do you know? You're not even a big fan of the comic book genre. eye roll Yes, I support the comic book movie genre. Making multiple movies helps set things up, which you fail to understand.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 pm

You just proved my point, dumbass. I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 pm

I never was pretending that I cared about them milking. Nice try though. I love you
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
I never was pretending that I cared about them milking. Nice try though. I love you
Oh, really?

Quote :
I'm also tired of superhero films as well... Sort of.
Your trolling is so obvious that it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:01 pm

So? Yeah, I'm a bit tried of the superhero movie genre. Well actually, it's Marvel and their silly humor is what I'm really tried of. Point is, I don't bitch about it being milked like you do. Because I as a comic book fan understands that in order to build up a universe, you need to set it up. It keeps the fans happy and the studios make a lot of money on it, so why not? Better luck next time, Ramboob. I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 pm

I still like my superhero movies, but I agree that the genre is oversaturated. We can blame all of that on Marvel, they release 2 movies a year, and I hear they want to try and release 3. WB and Fox usually release one superhero film a year, and Sony like once every two years. I've been saying this for a long time: CBM's = FPS's of the movie industry; doesn't matter how many "new" superheroes there are, they're still superheroes.

Quote :
Not really. Milking superhero movies is necessary, while FPS games is just mainly for the money.
Mecha, that makes no sense. How can you accept one milking of a genre, but not the other?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

yonny616 wrote:
I still like my superhero movies, but I agree that the genre is oversaturated. We can blame all of that on Marvel, they release 2 movies a year, and I hear they want to try and release 3. WB and Fox usually release one superhero film a year, and Sony like once every two years. I've been saying this for a long time: CBM's = FPS's of the movie industry; doesn't matter how many "new" superheroes there are, they're still superheroes.

Quote :
Mecha, that makes no sense. How can you accept one milking of a genre, but not the other?
Oh no, what Marvel is doing is milking. But there is a purpose to it. They're setting up a universe and connecting them altogether. What Marvel is doing is pretty unique. Can't say the same for Call of Duty though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:14 pm

So it's about making money and keeping outside fans happy that already have their own material? Well, then, by that criteria, we don't need Memento, A Space Oddysee, Full Metal Jacket, BrokeBack Mountain, It's a Wonderful life, Citizen Kane - Or any Kubrick film. Why not? We can just make established franchise adapatations and make comic book fans happy by milking their shit, and neglecting to take risks and make pictures that might not be as successful. 

I'm glad I now know what where you stand. I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Www.fuck.com
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm

@Mecha Yes, I know that! But it doesn't matter! Milking IS milking. Marvel releases TWO films a year, while their competitors release one! They're MILKING their universe. Just like WB is MILKING Batman and Fox is MILKING Wolverine. Can't say much about Sony, since Spidey is all they own.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Orion wrote:
Www.fuck.com
I have no idea if this link is a typo or on purpose... I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre 725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre   I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm tired of the Super Hero Movie Genre
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next