Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Mr Canai Spy
Orion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:05 am

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/batman-arkham-origins-review 7.8/10
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-25-batman-arkham-origins-review  7/10
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/batman-arkham-origins-review/1900-6415506/  6/10

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/batman-arkham-origins  

So it seems that it's got great combat, but nothing new or inventive or interesting as it's the same,  story is great and about 8 hours long and 12 overall hrs with all the additional stuff, complain about samey feeling as AC.

They complain about repetition, but continue giving the COD game's 9's and 8's.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Don't compare games with movies. got it today haven't had a chance to play alot but the opening left me with a big smile on my face
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:19 pm

I shall see on my own today. Just bought it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Mais est-il fidèle à la bande dessinée?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:54 am

It's pretty good, but not great. Everything that was good about Arkham City is good here, and they added an expanded Detective Mode which is a lot of fun to use. Unfortunately, the world feels kinda empty and the game, despite having a larger map, feels smaller; the story, while providing some proper insight into Bruce and Alfred's relationship, hits many of the same plot points and notes as Arkham City.

Good, not great. But this can be forgiven if I get my Green Arrow game.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
It's pretty good, but not great. Everything that was good about Arkham City is good here, and they added an expanded Detective Mode which is a lot of fun to use. Unfortunately, the world feels kinda empty and the game, despite having a larger map, feels smaller; the story, while providing some proper insight into Bruce and Alfred's relationship, hits many of the same plot points and notes as Arkham City.

Good, not great. But this can be forgiven if I get my Green Arrow game.
So far, these are my exact thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:12 pm

I hope they made a Justice League game next.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:56 pm

I agree with Jack and Tek. The game is good, but it pails in comparison to Arkham City. The gameplay is relatively the same from Arkham City, with a few new moves and gadgets. Which is all well and good. And it's cool to see what Arkham City looked like before it became Arkham City. My biggest issues with the game right now is that it lacks polish. The frame rate sometimes takes a noticeable dive when gliding around, the fast travel cut-scene sometimes has the sound cut in and out, the game occasionally stutters when I dies, and there is a major bug in the PC version that makes one of the comms towers impossible to hack. Although I'm playing the game on the PS3, but that is a huge problem for PC gamers. Overall the game is good, but it's standing in the huge shadows of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 pm

It really just feels like a campaign expansion pack rather than a stand alone game. Still love it though. I think I would wait for 40-50$ price to justify it though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:56 am

Seen the post-credit scene. Amanda Waller isn't as fat as I hoped. She's much more intimidating when she more overweight.

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews Waller10
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:07 pm

The frame rate was something I forgot to touch on. Yeah, it sometimes turns into stop motion and even worse, into a slideshow. I really think patching that issue should be the studio's top priority. I also had the game freeze on me more than an acceptable number of times. Also, the game feels even smaller now that I've finished both the story and all side missions (aside from Enigma's data packs and relays). I paid $60 for a weekend's worth of experience.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:54 pm

That's a late IGN review... oh wait it isn't a review.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Complete Edition? So what, they're just gonna add the tiny amount of DLC they made for the game, keep all of the bugs (some of which have been game-breaking for friends of mine), and hike the price back up to $60? Yeah they can fuck right off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman Arkham Origins Reviews   Batman Arkham Origins Reviews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman Arkham Origins Reviews
Page 1 of 1